| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dumont 5/16" Hex Broach - New
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2010 1:41 pm    

I bought this in case I needed to make some new parts for the Sho Bud I just finished re-building, but I didn't need it. To use this, you drill a round hole then push this cutter through it to make the hole hexagonal. I think some other steels use 5/16 hex cross shafts also. Enco sells this for $108.98, I'll take $90.00 for this one, shipping included in the lower 48. I will take Paypal and I'll pay the fee.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 2:46 pm    

^^^
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 8:21 pm    

Hi Darvin, is this broach used with a punch press, hydraulic press of perhaps I should just ask what it takes to use the broach to drive it thru the hole?
Thanks,
Jerry
Brint Hannay

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2010 8:34 am    

I always wondered exactly how making a hexagonal hole was done.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2010 2:46 pm    

Jerry, I had missed your question somehow. These are normally used with an arbor press to push them, but a drill press would probably work on aluminum parts, that's what I was going to try. Imported arbor presses aren't too expensive and you may be able to find a used one. I don't have room in my shop for any more stuff, so I was going to improvise.
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2010 12:23 am    

shucks, i thought it was a fancy jewel, i could have offered my squeeze... Rolling Eyes
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2010 1:02 pm    

Well Crowbear, you could offer it anyway, but you may not like the consequences. Smile