Terry H Sutton

Vernon, Connecticutt, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 3:31 pm    

I guess I'm behind the times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4pxyXSCsg
Bob Knight

Bowling Green KY
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 4:08 pm    

Now, That's what a pedal is supposed to sound like!
Great tone and pickin' Terry. Smile Smile Smile

Regards,
Bobo
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 4:51 pm    

Terry,
If that's behind the times, I want to be that way too. That's good stuff right there.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 7:26 pm    

Hey....Terry......I'm not one for starting any disputes.....however, the song is not Mansion On The Hill it is She Thinks I Still Care.....the track you played from is a John Hughey Track......I've played from those tracks at least 250 times in the last 8 years (when I got them from John). Mansion On The Hill does not have a "bridge" and there is no "2 chord" in it either. This is not to hurt anyones feelings, just to correct an error in a post on You-Tube. That "Bud" sure does sound good though and Terry you are still one of my favorite players, and had it not been for you, I might not have begun playing the steel. One more thing......I hope your healing up good from your recent surgery.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Stan Schober

Cahokia, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2010 9:04 pm    

Holy Frito-Lay, That sounds fantastic !

Jefferson City, MO, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 6:01 am    

Great playing indeed! I wonder if anyone noticed the tuners in the changer endplate looking like a bunch of LED's as he plays?
Terry H Sutton

Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 8:19 am     My Mistake

You're right Hal, it's my 74 year old memory but these old ears hear a two chord on the track.
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 12:06 pm    

Terry, tell us what your equipment chain is after that beautiful Bud.
Terry H Sutton

Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 12:57 pm     Equipment Chain

Our band www.Stone-Canyon.Com uses no amps.Everything direct to the board using earbuds for monitors which gives us the front mix. I go direct to a Sho-Bud volume pedal then through a Roland GP16 processor then left and right out to the board. I do the mixing from the earbuds.
For this video I went through the Roland GP16 to a HD16 Zoom recorder,played along with the track and recorded direct to a little Kodak Zi8 HD video camera.
John Peay

Cumming, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2010 1:39 pm    

Terry, that right there is the reason I'm moving from C6 lap steel to pedals!
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2010 3:09 pm    

Terry.....what kind of "In-Ears" do you use. I use a set of "Ultimate Ears" dual armatures.....get a really clean sound through my rack set-up with Evans Pre and Lexicon 500. The band that I work with has a monitor board with absolutely no effects, so I use a Rolls Headphone pre-amp in and out of a Digitech RP 50 processor with verb, delay and compression. I get all that I need to hear....adjust from monitor, the lead singer, and backup vox's, and just a little keys, acc. guitar, and a little lead guitar. I and the Keyboard, Acc. Guitar player are the only ones who do not use on stage amps. So I pickup the bass and drums from right on the stage.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.