| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Central Pa. June Jam. results
Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 12:42 pm    

well if ya missed this one,,,ya missed a good-un...I would like to say thanks to each of you who attended and made this Jam/family reunion such a success.
A very special thank you to Alan and Bev Coldiron for their contributions. Ray walker, Jack Palmer, Chuck, Gary Lee, Paul, Fred, Buddy, Bob Myers, TJ, Reg,George Wixon, Bob and Judy Hartsfield, Ray and Jimmy, and Tommy A. Hopefully everyone had enough to eat and enough to drink. If I missed any names, I'm sorry, but right now, my head is going 1K MPH. again Thank you and hope your drive home was a safe one.

God Bless
Joe
Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 1:06 pm    

Joe, your hospitality garnished with a huge side of generosity made for a superb time. Six + hours of pickin seemed like 20 minutes Very Happy
your friend,
gLeeeee
Fred Amendola

Lancaster, Pa.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 1:44 pm    

Joe,
I had a great time yesterday. Really enjoyed pickin with friends, the hospitality, and I hope to get down there again next year.
Thanks Joe !
Fred
Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 2:00 pm    

a few I forgot to mention....Rudy and Betty, Mike Wilson, Don Poland,,,,,,wow,,,,what a true blessing..
More to follow

Joe
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 5:19 pm    

Well Joe, it is all of us who should thank you for all of the hard work at planning out everything and making sure there was enough food and beverages on hand for everyone (at no costs to them) and then actually doing the cooking. Personally, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only the event but even more and most importantly for our friendship. I had such a good time, playing with the regulars and listening to a lot of great pickers from all over. Gary Lee….until the day I take my last breath you will amaze me each time we meet with your skills on the steel. It was great to get to hear Rudy play his Sho-Bud for us….he’s my hero. Mike Wilson….you dog you….you had it all this weekend and sounded great. Chuck Campbell……when you die you will probably re-incarnate as a steel guitar. You made that Zum sing great music this weekend and as always, I have a great time anytime you’re playing. Joe, not only are you a great host and an even greater friend….you ole coot….you got a pretty darn good set of hands on that Emmons not to mention the good tunes your were singing as well. And let’s not forget that Joe’s band provided the backups for us all. That’s right….The Incredible Drifting Whistlepigs were there. Jack Palmer came up with me all the way from New Bern, NC and made me proud to own a Rains. Now if I can just play like him someday……. There were many other folks there and I will let Joe or some of the others talk about that….I enjoyed each and every one. Reg, thanks for the deal and what a great guitar you build. Joe, once again, let me just say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all you do for your friends and for being the best damn friend a steeler will ever have in his court.

Ray Walker
Bob Cookson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2010 6:55 pm     Great Time

Joe, Just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful weekend. A wonderful host, great pickers, good food, and great friends. What more can a person ask for. Judy and I want to say a huge thank you! Also I have some of the pict's and video's up on my Facebook page. rcookson@ec.rr.com. If anyone wants to see. Thanks Again. Bob C.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 4:20 am    

Bev and I really had a great time. For those that missed the event, you missed a great time. As Joe described it was like a family reunion. Very informal and just fun.
ROBERT MYERS

HEDGESVILLE, W.VA. USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 4:24 am    

Joe thanks for having me there. It was great to see old friends and meet a few new ones.I just wish I were good enough to have to bring 2 steels incase I burnt the strings off one LOL

Waterbury, CT USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 8:11 am    

Joe,
Thankyou once agin for inviting me down.
I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet all the other players and guests as well.
I'm looking forward to it again next year and hopefully will get back down again before the snow flies.
p.s. don't let Ray get hold of any of those pictures with us wearing the hat,,,,, lol.
George
Carl Houtz

Central Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 9:25 am     Saturday Jam - 6/26/10

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your time and hospitality. Was great to have the Whistle Pigs there to back us up. It was fun and had a good time. Talked to you later.
Ray Adkins

CORTLAND,OHIO
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 12:36 pm    

Joe ,Thanks for the wonderful Steel Jam and you being A wonderful host ,Lots of great pickers and nice to see some old friends and was nice to see serveral new ones .
Sorry
that I could not make The Saturday and Sunday Jam as Jim and I had two playinfg Jobs Saturday.
Sure looking for another of your wonderful Steel Jams
Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2010 2:26 pm    

What a great time this was. A "Super Steel Guitar Weekend", with a lot of super pickers. Joe, you really know how to put on a jam. The hospitality was fantastic. It was great to see everyone and great to meet and make some new friends. Your band was a real treat. I really hated to see it end, but as usual, all things must at some point. It was SUPER.
Chuck Campbell

Manassas, VA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2010 4:24 am    

What a great way to spend a weekend with friends who all speak the same language (Steel Guitar) Great to see everyone. Joe, thanks for everything and especially the electric. You have a beautiful place there in the PA hills with the Airport practically on your doorstep. I still plan to drop in soon literally, maybe when the apples come in. You are a dear friend, thanks again.