| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  73 Rickenbacker Electro lapsteel UGLY SOLD!
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2010 6:43 pm    

PRICE DROP!This one belonged to one of my rock-n-roll buddies who made kind of a mess out of it, so please read the details. The Electro lapsteels of the 60s and 70s were part of a budget line that Rickenbacker used for student grade lapsteels and a couple of electric guitars, resurrecting the old brand name from long ago. Anyway, this one is a 1973 (by pot codes; the jackplate with serial number was replaced with a plastic one). The original single coil pickup was replaced, sloppily, with a humbucker of unknown origin, so there is some routing under the guard for that.Pickup is also a little loose in the guard. ONE OF THE SCREWS HOLDING DOWN THE GUARD IS MISSING THE HEAD. The plastic guard has multiple cracks. Lots of scratches and some dings in the finish. It does have the original kluson tuners, bakelite bridge, and Fender mustang style knobs. I think these are one piece maple bodies but not sure. Anyway, it plays, looks sort of cool and I'm just asking $95 SHIPPED in the continental USA, Fedex ground and at exact priority mail cost wherever else in the world I need to send it to to make it go away. If someone had patience and a little skill you could make a new guard, put on the pickup of your choice and have something unique, or just leave it the way it is. Thanks for looking. Incidentally, my personal email is jkally3@cox.net, which may be faster than doing a pm.

Last edited by John Kally on 30 Jun 2010 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2010 7:48 am     73 Rickenbacker Electro lapsteel UGLY but CHEAP

One bump
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2010 7:29 pm     73 Rickenbacker Electro lapsteel UGLY PRICE DROP! $95

One last bump with a new lower price which includes shipping. Surely somebody out there can do something with this! But I can understand, it is kind of an ugly duckling in current condition although it does play and sounds pretty good as is. Money is tight everyplace. But have a look, and this will be as low as I go, otherwise I'll set it aside until I have time to do something else with it. Anyway, thanks for looking.
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2010 11:46 am     73 Rickenbacker Electro lapsteel UGLY PRICE DROP! SOLD

Sold it to a list member. Thanks! Donation on the way.