| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jonathan Candler at Ottawa Blues-fest
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 8:10 pm    

Jonathan will be playing at the Ottawa Blues-fest Sat July 16 at 2;15 pm with Bob Taillefer and the Royal Crowns He will also be joining the steel summitt at 9:00 pm with the Campbell Bros. So come by if your in the area and hear some good jazz and blues pickin. For more info go to www.ottawa blues-fest.ca He will also have his new CD for sale at the product table. We are very proud of him and are excited that he has the opportunity play at the Bluesfest. Mom and Dad
Tommy Alexander

Friendswood, Texas 77546
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 3:43 am    

I watched Jonathon play this year at the Dallas convention; all I can say is "amazing"! If you get a chance, go see the little man play. Not only does he play, but he is quiet a showman.
Don't miss the chance if he shows up in your town.

------------------
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 5:47 am    

Go get 'em Jonathan! I know you will play well and show the crowd a good time. We can't wait to get one of your new CDs. If you bring them to St. Louis, we will buy one from you there. Then Austin can learn all your new licks :-)

Have fun!

Newberrys and Stewarts
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 8:21 am    

Jonathan is a talented and amazing young man who plays steel guitar with much more maturity than his age suggest. Glad to see the young guys with all this talent getting to display it in front of so many people.
You go Jonathan !!! While you are there say "hello" to my good friend Bob Taillifer for me and also to his lovely wife Deb. I'll send Bob an email and tell not to steel too many of your "licks" .
Have a great time and we hope to see you and your family in St. Louis.
...Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 8:40 am    

Jonathan and Randy...
I know you will do great in Canada. Just go show them how we do it in the desert!! God Bless and keep you and we will talk to you soon.

Billy and Meriul
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 9:47 pm    

Thank you Tommy,Roy,Billy and Meriul,Austin and family, it means alot to have an encouraging family behind Jonathan. Im sure he will do well,and he is looking forward to seeing all of his friends soon.
Randy
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2005 3:54 pm    

Randy,when I founded the SWSGA and wrote the the Mission Statmenent about making awearness the steel guitar,to everyone,especially young people I could only pray that God would deliver someone to bring about what I really intented for the association to produce.What a
gift and a
blessing when you brought Jonathon down for our first jam.I knew my job with the organization was complete.Thank you Hap Young for what you did to get him started,that had to be a giant blessing within itself.I have to also thank my "Gentle Giant" buddy that always wears a "Crash Helment",David Wright,Reese Anderson and all the MSA team for what they have done to promote our "Star" Jonathon.Big guy, have much fun in your many adventures that are to come to you and never forget where you started from.Next call,--picking with Robert Randolph.I was in Flagstaff picking with Rand Anderson,Fred Martin and Hollis Pritchett this past week.Rand let us hear the CD that Jonathon made in his studio,is this the same one your talking about Randy? It is great.How can he play so fast? And of course my favorite is "Relaxin"" and I hope he was thinking of me when he did that one,he knows I like it,and dedicates it to me.
Much love Jonathon,
Ray and Dixie

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 04 July 2005 at 04:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 04 July 2005 at 05:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 04 July 2005 at 05:33 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 04 July 2005 at 06:54 PM.]

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2005 5:18 am    

Go Get'em little buddy!!!!!!!!!do us proud....
DeeDee Record Allen

Oxford, Maine, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2005 5:43 pm    

DUDE!!! Rock the house!! Sure wish I was going to be there to hear you! But we'll see you in St. Louis for sure! Keep up the great work buddy! You are the COOLEST!!
Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2005 9:02 pm    

Jonathan,
Go get em' buddy. You are already playing great, and you are just going to get better.
Terry Bethel

[This message was edited by Terry Bethel on 05 July 2005 at 10:02 PM.]

Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2005 3:48 pm    

Ray, thanks for the kind words, you and your wife have also been a blessing to Jonathan and I, along with all of his other I call them, steel guitar cronies, and yes Ray, Jonathan is doing Relaxin at the Canada show. and your right about that Hap Young character, what a friend! Hes in Arkansas right now I think he said he seen Austin Stewart, his speed/pickin bud. Terry, Im sure you will get to see Austin, give him Jonathans best reguards, and thank you for the your kindness.

David and Dee Dee, thanks you to! hopefully see you in St Lois, is that how you spell that David?
Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2005 6:31 pm    

Hi Jonathan, I am so proud of you buddy. You keep up the good work!!!!!, and knock em out up in Canada OK????. I had a ball singing with you down in Mesa and Dallas, I hope that I will get to play with you again soon, you are a real joy to the steel guitar community. Love Ya Pal, your friend always<<< RED KILBY
www.redkilby.com

Hi Randy, STAY IN TOUCH!!!!
John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 10:51 am    

I'm sorry I won't be able to take in this show, as it's only an hour from my place - but unfortunately I'm playing the local watering hole all that weekend.
Just a reminder though, Al Brisco's Steel Guitars Of Canada shop is having one of their famous steel jams on the Sunday after the show, starting at 1 p.m. If you're heading southwest out of Ottawa after the show, drop in... he's close to Colborne, just off the 401. I hope to myself, work permitting.
Good luck, and enjoy Ottawa !
-John
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 12:12 pm    

Randy - Tell Jonathan he will beat me there tooooooooooo - I will not be there either. I know he will knock 'um dead & it will be cooler than Yuma

Great to see he is going places like this.

------------------
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix)Desert Rose Guitar, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Association

Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2005 9:36 am    

Hello Randy, Jonathan and family!

I'm looking forward to meeting you in Ottawa, Canada. I first saw Jonathan play in St Louis last year and immediately called my friend Michael Bate, the organiser of this years Ottawa Blues Steel Summit.

I agree with Roy Rosetta, Jonathan is a talented young man who plays steel guitar with more maturity than his age suggest.

Our respective sets will start at 2:15 p.m. on Saturday the 16th of July.
Regards! Bob
Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2005 2:29 pm    

The Steel Summit at the Blues Festival in Ottawa, Canada last Saturday now ranks as one of the most important events in my musical career.

Not only did I have the pleasure of hanging out with Jonathan's Family, I also had a chance to jam with him and Chuck Campbell backstage.

Once everyone played their respective sets, Jonathan and I joined the Campbell Brothers, Dave Lindley, Greg Leisz, Bill Frisell and Harry Manx for a final jam. Needless to say, we were deeply moved by the crowd's reaction to Jonathan's solos.

Jonathan showed us all how it is done!
Bravo mon ami!

I want to thank Michael Bate who put together this wonderful event.

Regards Bob
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 8:46 pm    

Trying to post pics from Ottawa Blues Fest
Thanks again Michael Bate, Bob Taillefer, and his band The Royal Crowns, The Campbell Bros, and all our new friends we met.

Randy and Jonathan
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 8:59 pm    

Here are some pictures of Jonathan and some new friend he meet in Canada, Bob Taillefer and The Royal Crowns also The Campbell Brothers

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 11:03 pm    

Hey Randy, I've never met you or your son but I do know that there's nothing in the world does a young person more good than being treated like a respected peer by folks worthy of the highest esteem in their own right. I'm eternally grateful to all the fine folks who did the same for my daughter when she was young (even if she never did take to playing the steel guitar). Kids with that sort of exposure never take to doing stoopid stuff just because "everybody's doing it" - they respect themselves enough to think things out first rather than going along with the ignorant mob.

You're raisin' that boy right, Randy, good on you both.

[This message was edited by Dave Grafe on 26 July 2005 at 12:09 AM.]