| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Alesis 8 channel ADAT PLEASE CLOSE.
Garry Kirchmeier

Dallas, Tx, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2010 7:11 am    

I have a used Alesis "ADAT" 8 channel recorder that's only taking up space. The ADAT records to a superVHS tape. Although I have had it for a few years it has been only used it a couple of hours. It is in good condition, works well and needs a good home and some use. I will include two rca-1/4" cables that connect it to and from a mixing device. The unit can be operated by a remote control which I do not have, and can be linked to more recorders. I have a downloaded copy of the manual which I'll also include.

I'm asking $175 plus shipping. (the cables cost me around $40. each). If you're around 100 miles from Dallas, I'll meet you half way(ish) to save shipping.

Sad Guys & Gals, While trying to answer some questions about this unit, I have found that it is not working properly so....because I don't want to sell something to you guys that I wouldn't buy myself, I'm asking B0b to close this post. Thanks to all who looked and/or asked questions. I hope there is no hurt feelings.

If I get it repaired, I'll repost.

Thanks, Garry
Sad

Last edited by Garry Kirchmeier on 27 May 2010 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Garry Kirchmeier

Dallas, Tx, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 11:32 am    

I'll entertain offers. Sorry for the quality of the pics but maybe they'll answer some of the questions.

There is a 1/4" jack marked LRC Remote. And what appears to be a 56 pin jack for what I think is linking multiple units.

As far as the belts, I will try to check the unit out real closer today and post what I find.

Thanks, Garry[/img]

Last edited by Garry Kirchmeier on 22 May 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
John Klang

Oregon, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 4:09 pm     Adat recorder

Hi Garry......I have an Alesis Adat LRC remote control that I believe is for that recorder. It has a 1\4 in. plug on it. Does that recorder have a jack labeled remote? How long has it been since you used the recorder? Most of those machines had rubber belts in them. Sitting for a long time causes the belts to dry out. Can you check to see how much to ship it to Zip 53575?
Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2010 6:55 am    

sent you an email
Rick Schacter

Portland, Or.
Post  Posted 22 May 2010 10:55 am    

Garry Kirchmeier wrote:
I'll entertain offers.

what appears to be a 56 pin jack for what I think is linking multiple units.

Thanks, Garry[/img]

Hi Gary,
If you're talking about the connection in the middle of the unit, that is the +4 db in/out which would require a snake to connect to a mixer.

The other RCA type connectors (top right of the unit) are the -10 db in/out.

The sync in/out for connecting multiple units, is located below the -10db in/out.

I've had a "blackface" Adat for the last 16 years and still use it from time to time. Nice unit.

Good luck with your sale.

Rick