| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sonny Garrish lick on "This Kiss"
Walter Bowden

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2010 4:25 pm    

There is a song by Faith Hill called "This Kiss" that has some sweet steel played by Sonny Garrish I am told. I am trying to learn some bits and pieces but one lick has me stumped, keeping in mind my VERY limited ability right now.

There is a little simple sounding riff the steeler plays during the fade out that I can't quite get even after looping it and slowing down.

It comes in at 2:54, right after "This kiss, this kiss.." If someone with better ears and playing skills can help with a tab or suggestion I would be very grateful.

Thanks and best wishes. Walter

Raton, New Mexico
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 6:01 am    

Hi Walter. I'm not a pro steel guitarist but I was able to hear the move that is made in the song your talking of but I listened to it on a YouTube video so it might not be the same version your speaking of. I find the move being a Db, Db and then to a Gb. here is the tab I made of what I'm guessin at.
I hope this helps.