| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Time Jumpers
Jim Lawler

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 3:56 pm    

Heads up. Just watched the Time Jumpers on Larry's Country Diner on the RFD channel. They got some guy named "PAUL FRANKLIN" on thu steel. It is scheduled to rebroadcast at 3:00 AM in the morning so get your recorders set. (Just one thing.... I don't see how that girl can set there and stuff her mouth with french fries while P.F. is playing.)
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 3:59 pm    

Thanks for the heads up........ Smile
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 3:33 am    

Best version of that show so far! I sort of missed Aubrey Haynie's presence and the group's triple fiddle work, but the playing was superb all around per usual.
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 4:38 am    

Direct TV will rebroadcast it @11pm Saturday..
JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 4:56 am    

This was a great show, thanks Paul for shareing your talent,I have seen these folks several times, I just never get over all the talent on one stage.

Jerry
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 3:29 pm     Time Jumpers

Yes, I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. eastern time to catch the show and it was fantastic. They are without a doubt one of the finest bands of all time, all heavy weights! It just bothers me that there is music of this calibur being played and very few people are aware of it or get to hear it. I am referring to the top 40 country radio that won't play things like this. Thanks to Larry Black for all he does with this show and the other things on RFD that he is behind.

Herby Wallace
bill mitchell

chattanooga, tn usa
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 4:27 pm    

Because of my weird hours I don't get to see it often..but that is a fun..and strange show.
Great music even when Paul and the gang aren't on it, and Larry is the perfect host.

"Strange" because it looks a little too real for a studio set. I think they are cooking real meals and serving them from the kitchen...walking through camera shots and all?

That "sheriff" looks mighty familiar to me, but I can't figure out who he is. Larry made reference once to the "sheriff being on a recording session".

Anybody know?
Alvin Blaine

Picture Rocks, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 4:45 pm    

bill mitchell wrote:
Because of my weird hours I don't get to see it often..but that is a fun..and strange show.
Great music even when Paul and the gang aren't on it, and Larry is the perfect host.

"Strange" because it looks a little too real for a studio set. I think they are cooking real meals and serving them from the kitchen...walking through camera shots and all?

That "sheriff" looks mighty familiar to me, but I can't figure out who he is. Larry made reference once to the "sheriff being on a recording session".

Anybody know?

Jimmy Capps
Jim Lawler

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 6:28 pm    

Thanks Herby. I'm sure everyone on the Forum is in agreement with you. " Thu Shurriff" is the one and only Jimmy Capps. He's the one playing along with Curley Chalker on the Old Wilburn Brother's shows.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 7:26 pm     Jimmy Capps

Yes, I am very familiar with Jimmy Capps too, as I have played with him on sessions years ago and also on the Opry. He is also the staff guitar player on the Country Reunion shows on RFD.

Herby Wallace
Randy Waldo

Memphis,TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2010 1:57 pm    

Sitting here as I write this, watching it on DVR. This will defently be one time that I hook my mini DV deck up and capture this. Lots of study material. Of course this is after I go find a paper towel to wipe the drool off from watching and hearing Paul play. LOL What an incredible musician.
Paul, should you see this post. You almost out done yourself on this one. The intro and break on "If Your Gonna Do Me Wrong Do It Right" I think he must have used every pull he has on his guitar on that one. Great Job.

Be Blessed,
Randy
Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2010 2:24 pm    

Jimmy Capps has always been a textbook study in what to play when and sound great doing it, even if it was a one note fill.

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2010 5:06 pm    

Jimmy Capps is one of my favorite guitar players. Going to watch the Jumpers tonight. I finally broke down and got RFD.

Tony
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 16 May 2010 1:12 pm    

I caught the Timejumpers episode last night. Simply amazing. There is something bad wrong with Nashville when Dawn Sears is not a mega star. And as good as they are now , they are adding Vince Gill and someone else that I don't think they ever named.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2010 1:47 pm    

It is true that some of the shows on RFD come on at odd times. I have Dish Network and I pay extra for DVR which allows recording without a different recording device. The Marty Stuart Show, Country Reunion and others get recorded here where I can go back and play them when I want. Seeing the Time Jumpers on RFD was a special treat. I hope RFD brings back more of the older television shows from years gone by as well.
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 16 May 2010 1:57 pm    

Quote:
There is something bad wrong with Nashville when Dawn Sears is not a mega star.

I don't think there's a female singer in country music that sings any better than Dawn Sears, and yes, Danny, there IS something bad wrong with Nashville, and this is just one example.
Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 16 May 2010 5:22 pm    

Danny L -
I heard from a good source that TJ's also recently added fiddle player Larry Franklin to their line-up.
James Marlowe

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 5:45 am    

The TJ's know how to get it did!
I can think of some other bands that should watch and learn. They are definitely an example of a well orchestrated group of musicians! My hat's off to them! Smile
NRA Life member
Tony Kotula

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 8:11 am     t.jumpers

what cable co/channel is this on? i have to try and get it up here in motown.
the world needs to see/hear this great great group of world class talent!
you'd never hear this on a radio station up here...
is all preprogrammed...
heart and soul..are the time jumpers! god bless'em!!

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 9:06 am    

The channel is RFD-TV. It's on Dish and DirectTV satellite systems. A few cable companies are carrying it also, but not around our area.
NRA Life member
JACK HEERN

MURPHYSBORO,IL. USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2010 9:31 am    

I think Herby Wallace sumed it all up. He's not too shabby himself Very Happy
I think this Franklin guy is kin to Theresa Galbraith Smile Theresa,I don't think its fair that you have 3 SUPER PICKERS in your family. I think you are kinda being a hog!
Oh Welllllll
Jack
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 18 May 2010 11:01 pm    

I've got echo everyone's comments about Dawn Sears. I'm watching right now (on DVR). I loved her way back when she had a song out on the radio (too long ago to remember what is was). They don't get any better than Dawn. And that Franklin fellow ain't too bad either. Someday he just might make it in Nashville Laughing
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2010 5:43 am    

DAWN SEARS....NO RELIEF IN SIGHT....around 1994 I think.

At least once a week I've gotta get my "YOUTUBE" fix of her and PAPPA JOHN . Listen to "SWEET MEMORIES" a few times .

It couldn't get any better (well,maybe...if her name was Connie Smith....then again,maybe not) Rolling Eyes Winking Laughing
Peavey Guitars
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 19 May 2010 12:39 pm    

Sweet Memories is in the same class as this song. I am a bonafide Dawn Sears Groupie Very Happy I have the Time Jumpers DVD and CD. Wish they would hurry up and get a new one out with the current band.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2010 1:44 pm    

Dawn Sears sings every song with feeling. "Sweet Memories" knocks me out, too! "If Your Gonna Do Me Wrong, Then Do It Right" tops it, JMO!