| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Desert Rose S-10.. sale/trade
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 1:44 am    

I know.. This guy must be a nut.. Just got the guitar a few days ago, and he wants to sell it already?.
Yes thats me.I been doing it for years if I don't "bond" quickly with any instrument.. Guitars, amps, steels, doesn't matter.. If I can't "feel the love" instantly, I move on.
In the case of this gorgeous Desert Rose Vintage Pro, I find I am not crazy about the 1/2 pad, and don't like the knee lever spacing and feel. Just personal taste, but I am not "feeling it" with this guitar...
It also has a more "modern" sound than I wanted.
Big and warm with just enough sweet top end. I like a lighter, brighter sound. This guitar "rings to the floor" acoustically. My carter doesn't. It also puts my Carter to shame as far as sustain is concerned.. It REALLY hangs in there even way up high. Beautiful long singing sustain!

I am not about to go changing pickups, and moving knee levers around etc, on what is really a brand new guitar, to try and get a "twangier" more "vintage" sound, So I will try again to find the guitar I really want.. Its out there somewhere
This steel is basically new.. The original owner bought it new from Chuck, could not learn how to play it, didn't have time. He told me he doubted there was much more than an hours play time on it.Thats exactly what it looked like.. Brand new/unplayed.
I have put maybe 3 hours or so on it after setting it up to my copedent.
The mechanism is a snap to work on.. Pull changes are done in minutes. Very well conceived!!

It is a 3 pedal/5 knee lever guitar.

I was not sure I liked it as i played it at the sellers house, but I had just driven 4 1/2 hours, and had promised him I would buy it over the phone, so I just took it home.
I knew I could get back what I had in it if I didn't bond with it...

In any case, this is a feeler post. I don't have pics up as yet, but will take some and send them to those that are seriously interested. Meantime, there are a few pics here on the forum if you want to search the closed original for sale thread .
I have $1600 in it, and will ship it for that amount. I will accept another S-10 in trade or partial trade as well as any old tube amps or guitars.. Vintage gear preferred. Would swap even for a GOOD Sho Bud S-10 in great condition , IF its stays in tune.. I will consider any brands, but NO double necks and no SD-10s.. The pads get in my way after playing single frame steels for 33 years.
So yeah, this guitar is a beauty, in dead mint as new condition, and I would accept trades . I am not a screwball , just someone that has a very narrow range of likes in a steel, and a wide range of dislikes.
My Carter has been with me for probably 8-9 years, and my old MSA for 25, so I DO bond with steels, but its not easy for me to find the "perfect" guitar, and most aren't here 6 months.
If interested, email me and we'll talk..
bullet_bob@lycos.com

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 3:03 am    

Bob, I sent you an e-mail
Dave Simonis

Stevens Point, WI USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 7:06 am    

Wow Bob's giving someone else a second chance to get a DR w/o the wait! I bet this won't last long the second time either!

Very Happy

Fiddle: Zeta, Arthur Conner, many others.../Steel: GFI SD-10 Ultra.../Mandolin: Breedlove.../Guitar: Gibson, Fender, Taylor.../Amps: Peavey NV112, Evans FET 500.../Others: Hilton, Goodrich, Stereo Steel, Pendulum Pre-amp...
Chris Dorch

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 11:08 am    

"Feeler" mail sent...
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 3:45 pm    

Please close this mods.. I am going to contact Chuck, work out the lever problem, and just get used to the 1/2 pad.. The guitar stays in tune, sounds great and sustains beautifully, and right now thats the main thing.. I will adjust to all else... sorry for the aggravation... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......