| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NICE strats to trade..
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 2:13 pm    

# 4 is on the way, a gorgeous 1983 Stratocaster Elite, which is one of the best strats ever made.. So now I will have 4 strats, and really only need 2... actually , I only NEED 1 but I want 2..

So anyway, here is what I have to trade..

1- A 1983 Fender USA strat in superb condition,, Olympic White faded to a beautiful creamy white/yellow.
It has just had a pro set up, and a bone nut hand cut and installed.. It plays incredible, and sounds like a great strat should... Maple board.. Trade at around $950

2- A Fender 1996 50th anniversary MIJ 62 reissue strat.
It has a thick, early 60's style neck with rosewood board.. Nice greasy dark rosewood too.. Not that cheap, dry, flinty "rosewood" see on so many guitars these days. Plays, looks, feels ,and sounds just like an old strat.. Its really a wonderful guitar in all aspects.
It has factory "Texas Special " pickups.. Light and resonant!,, Color is a gorgeous Sonic Blue. Trade at around $425 or so.

3.. Fernandes MIJ strat.. another light,resonant, great playing and looking strat.. Its has hand wound
Copperhead pickups, and an aftermarket neck.. I can install the unused original neck if you would like.
Sonic Blue... Its is the equal in sound ,playablity, and workmanship, to ANY strat I have ever owned.
It is very similar to the 62 Reiisue strat in all respects, including build quality.. I bought this on ebay, for $350, installed a $125 set of pickups and a $100 neck... I would like to get around $325-350 in trade value.

All of these strats are ready to play, and feel look and sound wonderful.

I know money is tight, so I decided to try trading them instead... I may bite at anything try me.. If you need a great strat, and are short on money, look no further...
I like old tube amps, and oddball guitars...
Mat bite on a lightweight steel amp too... .. Pics don't work here for me any longer, they won't download.. email with interest, and I will send pictures if you would like...
bullet_bob@lycos.com

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 12 May 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 5:36 pm    

email incoming.
Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 7 May 2010 6:39 am    

email incoming

What's the price on #4? I don't see it.

Also....just to clarify....are these strats with or without cases?

Thanks.
John Borchard

Athens, OH 45701
Post  Posted 7 May 2010 2:26 pm    

Hi, Bob. Check your e-mail. I'm interested in the 50th anniversary '62 MIJ Strat. Does it have a case. Any issues? What type of payment do you need?

Thanks.

John Borchard
Gerald Pierce

Maydelle, Republic of Texas
Post  Posted 7 May 2010 3:57 pm    

Hi Bob,
Check your email. I'd like photos of the Fernandes.
Thanks! - GP
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2010 9:56 pm    

MIJ Fender Strat is spoken for,

Robert Mayo

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2010 8:49 am    

Are you sure the Strat is not an 87 ?
Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 11 May 2010 12:29 pm    

Hey, I'm not Bob, but I talked to him the other day - I believe he's getting an '83 Strat Elite with FreeFlyte tremelo and active pickups. Duchossoir featured those right from his first Strat book in '84. Only made 'em about a year, mid '83 - mid '84. I've played a few - they were all very nice guitars, one of the best Dan Smith and his crew from that period put together. I think that model presaged what ultimately became the Strat Plus, Clapton Strat, and so on. They really did try hard to get things right in the early-mid 80s before CBS sold out, and had a lot of good ideas like the vintage reissue and this one.

If I recall correctly, the '83 he's selling is a standard Stratocaster, which I believe has two knobs - one volume and one tone and usual angled jack receptacle moved to the pickguard where the third control would usually be. I've seen pics, it's very nice and it is a Fullerton Strat. I tend to like these early 80s Smith-era Strats more than most of the late 70s boatanchors that people are spending so much money on these days. Just my tastes.
Robert Mayo

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 8:33 am    

AHHH yes I know the ones, I have a sienna burst stashed back, the reason I thought possibly it was an 87 as I have for my personal Strat an 87 that serial number dates it as a 83..Strat plus, wilkerson roller nut, gold lace sensor pups, beat to hell and was made my John Page before he went to the custom shop, It is a killer strat.
Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 12 May 2010 9:27 am    

There were definitely some E3 and E4 serial number decals left over after the CBS sale, which can be found on some post-CBS instruments up to, I think, 1988. But there are certainly plenty of 83 and 84 guitars with them also. This Fender chart gives the layout, but it's not just that - anybody seeing a lot of these guitars over the years will see plenty of examples to corroborate this.

http://www.fender.com/uk/support/usa_instruments.php
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 6:13 pm    

Robert Mayo wrote:
Are you sure the Strat is not an 87 ?

87??.. no The USA strat is an 83.. The Freeflyte trem was only used very briefly.. started in 82 and was ended by 84...