| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ASGA 5th Annual Show 22 May, 2010 Alabama
Bill Cook

Montgomery, Alabama, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2010 11:29 am    

The ASGA's annual Show will be held May 22, 2010 at The Madison Hotel, 120 Madison Ave, Montgomery, Alabama starting at 10.00 AM CST and ending around 6.00 PM CST. We will have an informal Jam Friday Night, May 21st at The Hotel starting around 5.00 till 10.00. Rooms are available at a special rate of $59.00. For reservations call The Hotel at 334-264-2231 and ask for The Steel Guitar Rate. We have confirmed Mike Johnson & Friends, Herby Wallace and Carco Clave. We will be having our annual Hall of Fame and other Awards as well. Hope to see you all there. For more information contact Bill Cook at 334-242-2789W 334-567-9190H or bill.cook@psc.alabama.gov or billcook1014@gmail.com.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2010 11:37 am     AL Show

I am already looking forward to this great show as I have played at every one since Bill started them. I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace
Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2010 4:26 pm    

Got the calendar marked and planning to be there. Looking forward to the show and seeing everybody.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 11:48 am     Alabama Show

New Additions: Jeremy Drawbaugh, Jack Conyer and Russ Hicks!!
Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 12:28 pm    

Bill, I will be working Saturday night but I sure would like to attend the Friday night jam and maybe be there for some of the Saturday Jam. Sounds like it going to be a great one, Shorty
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 4:43 pm     Alabama Show

Shorty That would be great!! Haven't seen you in a while!! You can catch the jam and most of the Show Saturday and still make your gig!! Hope you can make it! The Jam last year was out of this world!! Expect the same this year!!
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 4:46 pm     Alabama Show

Forgot to mention Rob Parker will be one of our players and will also MC the Show. We all know what he brings with his voice!! "Steel Guitarist Best Friend". It's going to be a great Show!!
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 4:57 pm     email sent

bill: i sent you an email.....thanks jack
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 5:05 pm     Alabama Show

Jack- I got your message. Forgive me for not mentioning that you and Gordon Dotson are on the billet. You may have to send Martha uphere to help me!! Georgia Boy Gary McQuaig will also be in the rotation!! Don't forget to bring your Fiddle!!! Send Martha now!!
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 5:25 pm     thanks

bill: that sounds great, i will see if she will go a couple of weeks early, that way i will save enough on food to get a room with a good lock on the door...thanks jack
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 6:02 pm     hi

Bill hope for a spot, as you remember Pee Wee and I started lsst years show of, this will be the best one yet, Best Location ever, right accross the stree where Nan use to be with opening act for all the country shows that cane to town. I had forgot about how she use to play on them till lsat year is came to me while the show was going on. She played steel 1 1/2 years befor me, she has a great ear for country music. Whatever you need us to do we will help.

ernie

Last edited by Ernest Cawby on 29 Apr 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2010 6:10 pm     Alabama Show

Jack-- Wait a minute!! Just how much does Martha Eat???? I am on a pretty low budget!! Ernie, It wouldn't be an Alabama Show without you and Pee Wee kicking it off!!
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2010 2:00 am    

Hey Bill,

The already great show just keeps getting better and better with your latest additions. That Hicks fella is one of my favorites, and along with Mike and Joanie, Herby, Carco and all the others, this is really gonna be a dandy. Sure looking forward to being part of this great show.

See ya there,
Jim
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 1 May 2010 7:43 am     Alabama Show

Barney Miller is working on his schedule and hopefully he will be able to join us on Saturday!! If you haven't heard Barney pick before, Well, you are in for a Treat!! Welcome aboard Barney!!
Jack Conyer

Lake Park, Georgia * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 May 2010 7:14 am     Re: Alabama Show

Bill, Thanks a lots, looking forward too the show, "The Best" I'm bringing a great singer and song writer, He's on the Top 40 BillBoard, The Great Depression, Willie Carver, a good entertainer around the Southern area of Ga.Willing to sing with the steelers on their portion of the show.
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 2 May 2010 10:07 am     Alabama Show

Thanks Jack!! We shall be glad to have your friend join us!! He will be most welcomed!! Show is going to be GOOD!!!
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 4 May 2010 7:57 pm     Show

Bill sure looks like you have a great show put together there. I plan on attending and seeing some friends. Jim
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 5 May 2010 4:19 am     Alabama Show

Jim,
We will be honored with your presense. It will be a great Show and you will meet some very good people. Welcome!!!
Bill
Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 5:28 pm    

I wonder if we'll see any of that Tuscaloosa gang at the show.....I know they all come out on Groundhog day but I'm not sure about any other time....what is it, 80 miles or so across there to Montgomery, I don't know if any of them drive that far in one day.....I do know that Hayse Shelton has a real fine truck that they could all pile into to make the trip......boys, ya'll meet up down there at Hughes Creek and come on down. Smile
Mike Taylor

Wetumpka, AL
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 5:56 pm    

Bill

Once again, work has got in the way of fun. I'll have to miss this year again. Tell all the gang howdy for me.

Mike
Gordon Dodson

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 10:28 am    

Bill, I am looking forward to the show. It looks like it is going to be a good one. Gordon Dodson
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 11:38 am    

Bill, please don't let the Gang disown me! This will be two in a row I'll have to miss. My wife and I will be on vacation celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. That's a gig I'd better not skip! I know you'll have a "large time" with the crew you will have on hand. Go ahead and pencil me in for next year.
Roger
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 12:04 pm    

Hey Roger,

You just need to get your priorities in order, you can celebrate that anniversary the next week. In fact, if Cindy and I make it til that next week ( the 29th) we'll be celebrating our 33rd. Hate you won't be there, I know we're gonna have a big ole time. See ya in Atlanta, or maybe Saluda.

Jim
Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 6:23 pm    

I can hardly wait. I am getting a feeling that this will be a great show this year, although i am having trouble getting my set list together. I am spending all my nights at the baseball fields. And i have one of those Confused Confused oh yea a job. so not having much time to practice but i will be ready and look forward to see all you guys again. Hope to make it for the jam but we have baseball game that night.

LOL! like Jim said, PRIORITIES.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Bill Cook

Post  Posted 7 May 2010 11:06 am     New Addition

Lynn Owsley will be joining us. Lynn will be driving all night to make the Show on Saturday!!! Alabama Boy comming home to play for his people!! Don't get much stronger than that!!
Russ, those ole boys from T Town ought to be able to make it.!! They won't be out at night!!!!!

Roger, You made a good decision; Show Vs Anniversity!!! Woman fail to see the humor in scheduling to play in a Steel Show on Anniversity weekend, especially, when she wants to be somewhere romantic!!!!