| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great OzSGA Jam!! Missouri
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 4:50 pm    

The OzSGA bi-monthly jam at the Community Center in Branson was a super one!! We just got home and had to report what a FUN time everyone had. Someone said it was 'one of the best'! We had Russ Wever playing bass since Buddy Lewis is still recovering from his accident. Dino Strunk was on guitar and Russ Burns on drums. We heard that Dino Strunk and Russ Wever will both be playing at the ISGA in St. Louis this year. We feel honored to have them playing for our club meetings. There were several first timers in attendance and they enjoyed it so much, they're planning on being back! The food that everyone brought in was SOOooo delicious! Thank you so much! Thanks to Charlie Steichen, KY3 TV showed up and filmed some of the music. It will be aired on the 10:00 news this evening! All the music was tremendous, the fellowship great, and all in all a very enjoyable afternoon! Thanks to all the 7 steel players, Steve Melchi, Jerry Smythe, Eddie Lane, Jerry Hanley, Terry Bethel, Roger Hurst, and Ira Pierce who made it a success!! Thanks for the tremendous steel playing!!!

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 6:39 pm    

WOW!!!!That sounds like it was a good one, sorry we had to miss it, but had committed to playing the Mt. Vernon, Ill. show this week end. It was a GREAT show, which also had some great steelers. Too many to mention, but it was a good one. Larry B.
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2010 4:47 am    

A picture says a thousand words--See the intensity on their faces ??? Here's why --

Dino Strunk on lead guitar, Russ Burns on drums

Mr Russ Wever on great bass

Jerry Smythe

Steve Melchi

Eddie Lane

Jerry Hanley

Terry Bethel

Roger Hurst

Ira Pierce

This was without doubt the most talent filled jam session we have ever had !!
Great job everyone !!! What a fun filled day for all !!!!
Jeremiah Hanley

Post  Posted 19 Apr 2010 10:07 am    

Super Pictures, Bill! Thanks so much! It's always so much fun looking through the happenings of the event......and your pictures are so clear and good. You're quite a photographer!! By the way, check out the picture of Ira Pierce playing and you'll see it absolutely knocked Roger Hurst out of his seat!Very Happy We've got such a GREAT club, it even brought several from over a hundred miles away!

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2010 1:51 pm    

Good pictures Bill. Great catch Hanley on the knocking Hurst out of his chair!!!!!!!!!! Haha

Donna
Roger Hurst

Independence, MO, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2010 3:03 pm    

Ha, Ha.... You guys would have to post a picture of me falling off my Pac-A-Seat. Actually, at my age, I fall of of it quite often! Certainly not to discredit Ira Pierce 'tho... He did a great job of playing yesterday and it was good to see him there since he said it takes him 4 & 5 hours to come to our jams in Branson. I'm sure he thought it was worth the travel since that was probably the best jam I've ever been to in Branson.

Great food too.... Thanks to all the wives for their efforts.
Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2010 9:18 am     Jam

Let me add my 2 cents worth. Very Happy
I cannot make all of the Jams, because of my gig with Mr. Tillis. The Jams I have attended have all been great. This one was Special. With Russ Burns on drums, Russ Wever on bass, and "DINO" Strunk on Guitar, you had to play. The feel and the drive from the guys in the BAND was awesome. I didn't play well because of all things, my left foot was acting up and I couldn't feel the pedals. It was very frustrating Mad as I didn't know until I heard the notes coming from the amp, if I had the right pedals.Crying or Very sad
To all of the Steel Players and the folks in the audience, thanks for being a part of the Ozark Steel
Guitar Association jams. The playing was great and the response from the folks in the audience made it worth while to play your best.
As your new President,
"THANKS"
Terry Bethel

PS. Hope to see you at the next "JAM"
check our website for the dates of the Jams.
www.OzarkSteelGuitar.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2010 9:50 am    

I am sorry I could not come and play at the jam. I had dental surgery. Dentist drilled 3 metal implants into my head to hold teeth. I have been laid up for a few days fishing. I wish I could of came and showed off the new additions to my little E9th 10 string guitar. I have a new pickup. Also, I am playing a Peavey Tripple XXX tube amp. I have 5 pedals and 5 knees now. The 2 extra pedals are Ralph Mooney pedals and I know how to use them.
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2010 1:15 pm    

Terry, I sure sympathize with you. I have neuropathy in my feet which I believe is a result of heart surgery and medications that have followed. I have a very tough time staying on the correct pedals. I used to never have to look at the pedals but I am now taking a peek very often. I can't find shoes that help feel the pedals.
Jerry
Terry Bethel

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2010 1:16 pm     Jam

Keith,
I hope you are well for the next Jam in June.
Also I have you set to play on the Super Event
in July. I don't have the times yet but If you can make it the OzSGA would be grateful.

Terry
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2010 2:50 pm    

Thank you for inviting me to play the Big Show. I will be there. I have come to the conclusion that I need to concentrate on what I love the most, and what I can probably do the best--Ralph Mooney. A few years back I decided to concentrate my efforts on one neck, the E9th neck. I am not smart enough to do 2 necks. I have also decided to concentrate on TWANG and Ralph Mooney. I do understand that the trebble and twang of early Mooney, and the Waylon years, may not be for everyone. That type of playing seems to be what I feel best. I now have 2 extra pedals that will do things you don't normally hear a 3 pedal Nashville E9th do. Yes---- it is some of that NASTY Mooney stuff. Hope to do a great job playing my little E9th for the people who come to the Big Event. Again thanks for inviting me to play the Big Show.
Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2010 3:26 pm    

Jerry, you are so right about Bill Myricks photography. He does a great job. He and Miss Eva do so much toward supporting the steel guitar. I know he is greatly appreciated in our club.
Terry Bethel

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2010 11:12 pm     Bill Myrick

Norma Jean,
I don't what we would do without him either.
Bill and Miss EVA are there when you need someone and when you don't There still there. They
are such great people.
The OzSGA got leveled out again when Bill stepted up to the plate and voiced his opinion.
I have always said this club is for the people that pay their dues and the one's that can take advantage of our bi-monthly Jams etc, it is not just for me and the other officers.

To Mr. Bill amd Miss Eve The Ozark Steel Guitar Association Thanks You
Terry Bethel
President

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2010 2:23 am    

Wow !!! Now I'll have to get a new hat !!! No, really--we are just doing things with other people we love to be around and associate with for a common love, Country Music and Steel Guitar. I would like to point out that had it not been for the single great efforts of Terry Bethel, this Association would have died a sad death many years ago. He kept it going virtually on his own and I know for a fact, many times using his personal finances to float things. He now has three other officers that are dedicated workers and can lighten his load and let him enjoy some of the fruits of his years. I am so proud of all our brother and sister fellow members who are supporting and attending the events and making things so enjoyable and fun. By the way, Thanks to Vice President Charlie Steichen and wife Rose Mary for stopping by The Silaom Springs Show Saturday and saying hi on their way to Oklahoma.
Thanks for all the kind words, we appreciate them. Bill & Miss Eva.
Roger Hurst

Independence, MO, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2010 4:51 pm    

Bill.... You certainly deserve a lot of credit for the success of The OzSGA even though you are not an official officer. When I used to drive down from Kansas City just to listen (before I got up the nerve to bring my steel & set in), you always went out of your way to may me feel welcome and a part of the group. You, like Terry Bethel, are "the personality" of The OzSGA and we can't give either of you enough credit for your ongoing dedication and support.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post  Posted 26 Apr 2010 6:21 pm    

You guys got it right about Bill Myrick. He's a good right arm, plus a left one, too. He did a good job playing his set at Siloam Springs. He was so relaxed up there....and looked like he was right at home. And his wife sang on his set on several songs and did a great job. OzSGA, we've been missing out. We need to hear the Myricks at our jams!! They performed once for us, but we need it more often. Thanks Bill and Eva for all you do!! And we want to say 'thank you' to Charlie and Rosemary Steichen. They have really been working hard for our club! They are such a delight to be around, a great couple! In fact, our whole association is just like a 'big family'! The fellowship is always the highlight of our meetings. Can't wait 'til the next one!!

Independence, MO, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2010 5:27 am    

BILL MYRICK.... YOU TURKEY! IN ALL THE TIMES I HAVE BEEN DOWN TO THE OzSGA JAMS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU BRING YOUR STEEL AND PLAY LET ALONE YOUR WONDERFUL WIFE SING A SONG OR TWO. AM I GONNA HAVE TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY DOWN TO PEA RIDGE, AR AND BRING YOUR STEEL UP TO BRANSON? (HA, HA) AND JEREMIAH... YOU ARE CERTAINLY RIGHT ABOUT CHARLIE AND HIS WIFE DOING A GREAT JOB OF BRINGING US ALL TOGETHER. WHILE WE ARE THROWING CREDITS AROUND, HOW ABOUT SOME RECOGNITION FOR THE UPDATED WEBSITE. IT IS GREAT!