| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ricenborn blems close out - pics added
John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2010 6:52 pm    

The store where I teach has access to a small number of Chinese-made Weissenborn style guitars. I bought one of these (not blem) a while back and it is nice, very nice for the price. It has a solid mahogany top, can't tell if the back and sides are solid or laminated. Lighter colored wood binding and fret lines. Satin finish. The fit and finish is good, not perfect. Can't tell if the bridge and nut are ebony or stained rosewood or something similar. (I plan on upgrading to a bone nut and saddle.) Generic Shaller style gold tuners. I will post a pic of mine a little later.

These are available at a very attractive price point which I can not post here per forum rules. I have not seen the particular guitars on offer but I understand they are the same as the one I bought except they are blems and some come with a lower grade of tuners (at a lower price). After these are gone no more will be available through this channel per an exclusivity arrangement between the factory and another brander/distributor. (Higher MSRP). Also available is one hard shell case which I understand is also a blem.

If you are interested email me. I will let you know the prices and if you are still interested I will put you in touch with the store owner. He can probably provide more information about what the blemishes are on the individual guitars and probably provide pics.

Last edited by John Groover McDuffie on 14 Apr 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2010 12:14 pm     pics of my Riceborn

John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2010 1:31 pm    

Someone sent me an email asking "How do they sound?" and I seem to have lost that email before I was able to reply, so I don't know who you are, hit me up again.

I think mine sounds very good. Perhaps I'll record and post a sound clip, if I can figure out the posting-sound-clip part.
John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2010 4:21 pm    

bump