| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to Everyone at The Choo Choo
Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 10:37 am    

Thank you to all the folks who put on the Choo Choo Reunion this year. It was a great show as usual and we were glad to be invited. The line up was great and it was good to see Ron Elliott playing. A special thank you to all those involved in the birthday surprize (you know who you are!), it made the weekend that much more memorable. Hope everyone had a safe trip home and we look forward to being back next year.

Mike & Teresa Sweeney
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 12:27 pm    

Mike let me also say to everyone involed in The Choo Choo Show, It was just Great lots of good music Friday night and all day Sat.
Mike it was a pleasure opening up your Show Sat morning, orm did you close for me??

For all the people that did not attend this show , well don't miss the next one.

The Back up band was first class.

The sound was great....
Bill Ferguson and the crew always does a great job.

Larry & The Jewelry Lady
Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 12:57 pm    

Larry/Mike,..you guys and your lovely ladies are so special,..it was so good to be with you all for those couple of days,..as it is each time we meet. Take care and look forward to seeing you guys again. Ron & Leslie
Mike Richardson

Rutledge, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 3:07 pm    

What a Show.I mean to tell you folks there was some serious,throw down, steel picking over the weekend in Chattanooga.

Big hand to Bill Ferguson and his guys for the great sound.
All the fine steel players that keep me beliving that one day I might just make a steel player.

A very special"Thank You "to Ron Elliott for honoring the Vets.

See you all back next year

Mike Richardson

[This message was edited by Mike Richardson on 22 May 2005 at 04:42 PM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Richardson on 22 May 2005 at 04:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Richardson on 22 May 2005 at 04:45 PM.]

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 3:57 pm    

Larry and Angie,
Thank you and you staff for the hard work,sweat and tears that you put forth to make the Choo Choo show a fantastic two days of picking ,singing, and visiting with old friends and fans.
The staff band laid down some great music to work with, and be a part of...and they and the artists played their buns off..Such talent...my thanks and admiration to each of you...you are all my heros...
Thank you Larry and Angie for letting me be a part of this show...and the icing on the cake,and the sweetest music was,as we were saying our goodbyes, Larry said " Rob, I've got you down for next year "...So plans are to have the show again next year...hooray....
I hope everyone will help spread the word about the show, and we can have a huge turnout next year...
All of you that could not, or did not attend, missed a great presentation of steel guitar music, and support music..
Also kudos to Bill and Linda Ferguson and their staff for the great sound we enjoyed...

RP..'come on in'

[This message was edited by ROB PARKER on 22 May 2005 at 05:01 PM.]

Jim Meiring

Highlands, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 4:10 pm    

Many thanks to the good folks in Chattanooga for putting on a great show. The steel players all played brilliantly and the band was rock solid.
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 5:49 am    

Hi folks,
Bob Rains and myself just got back to Abilene Tx. last night.
We both would like to thank Larry & Angie and all the folks there for their good ole southern hospitality.
I beleave the Ranis Steel Guitar was well accepted and it sure got a lot of attention.
Im realy glad to have been invited back next year.
A BIG thank you for the great back up band for makeing me sound as good as possible.
We'll see some of you in Tulsa this weekend
and God bless you all.

------------------
Fred Justice
www.fredjusticemusic.com
Rains Steel Guitars

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 7:13 am    

"Thanks" to Larry and Angie Self for having me and Barbara at what was a "super" Choo Choo show. All of the players were superb, and what a pleasure it was to work with all of these super musicians. Thanks also to all of my buddy's in the staff band, great players all. These guys made for a great weekend of music and fun. We're looking forward to next year's show. Thanks again Larry and Angie.
....Roy and Barbara

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 10:49 am    

Larry,

No matter how you look at it open or close, You're a tough act to follow. Hope to see you soon.

Mike
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 11:11 am    

I thought the show in Chattanooga was great! The back up band was right there when you needed them. Bill Ferguson and his crew did an excellent job with the sound and that is very important. Regarless of how we set out amps we are more dependent on what comes over the sound system. I also enjoyed the two tunes that Bill and I played together. And thanks to Larry for allowing me to help with the MC work. We enjoyed visiting with so many friends and we made new friends while we were there. Mary and I are looking forward to coming back next year. Scotty
Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 2:34 pm    

My deep appreciation to Larry Self for the invitation and the great conversation we had. I enjoyed the show so very much and seeing and being with all the guys and gals again. I look forward to as many of the steel shows that we can make. Thanks to ALL! Ron & leslie
Larry Self

Spring City, Tn. Bledsoe * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 6:29 am    

It was truely our pleasure having ,and seeing everyone of you. there is nothing in this world like seeing a old friend.we had a wonderful show thanks to all of you. seen some old friends, made some new one's a special thanks to Scotty for his endless work to do his big show and then travel all around helping people like me.a special thanks to Bill Ferguson & his entire crew for a great job. Thanks to all the singers and pickers and to everyone that drove to and bought tickets for our show.it is truely a reunion. Angie and I send you our love,and we will see you some where down the road.
Thank you Lonnie Portwood. yours truely Larry & Angie Self