| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is Texas gonna let Nashville get by with this
Charles Tilley

Post  Posted 20 May 2005 2:26 pm    

When talking with Bobbe on the phone about the SuperSlide, I mentioned I had not been in Nashville for quite some time, and it was about time I visited and had the pleasure of seeing many of my long time friends.
We then started talking about the two of us playing our SuperSlides while I was there, and the thought occurred to us that it might be great fun to get together for a jam session. Bobbe indicated that, potentially, Steel guitar Nashville could be “jam central.”

We have decided on July 5th to show and play our SuperSlides at Bobbe's store starting at about 10:00 am, and we invite everyone to come, see, and test drive the new SuperSlide. That evening we will also be showing the SuperSlide at the NTSGA meeting at the local American Legion Hall where the organization usually meets.

I'm sure Bobbe would need to know for planning purposes how much interest there truly is for such an event, as well as how many might like to attend. So would you please express your opinion and intentions here on the forum?

Bobbe, jump in here if you want to add some additional things.

Those are words from "Reece"

MY COMMENTS_______________________

I think we TEXANS should require Bobbe coming to Texas and he and Reece doing the same thing here.

HOWZ ABOUT IT TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message was edited by Charles Tilley on 20 May 2005 at 03:27 PM.]

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2005 6:07 pm    

I humbly ask Bobbe to come to Texas and play. If it is in close range I would love to meet him and hear him play. I do know he truly is a great steel player and a top notch individual as well.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 6:41 am    

I look for excuses to come to Texas. Having spent much of my youth in this state, and with most of my early "learning" days in the "Swing Bands" of the Dallas and Lubbock area, I would love to come to Texas to see so many of my great friends.
I sort of feel that I have a "foot in both camps" when it comes to Texas and Tennessee, (with some Oklahoma thrown in).
Different as night and day when it comes to lifestyle and steel guitar style but both are magic and wonderful.
Western swing music and dances are a lot of enjoyment to perform in Texas, the fun for me seems to be waining in Nashville as country music is changing so much. All we have left in country music are the memories of what used to be.
However, I do realize as times change, we need to change with them or be lost in the shuffle.
I think Tennessee and Texas both have a lot to offer the world in steel guitar, (as do many other locals), but most of you now know, I am working hard to unify these two great states resorces musically, to pool knowledge and make steel guitar an ever powerful force in all kinds of music.

Will I come to Texas to have a "Texas Slide Off"? Just give me half a chance Charles Tilly!
Somehow I feel this will happen , someway, somehow, and someday soon!
I hope so. I'm practicing my Texas accent now!

Bobbe Seymour

P,S,
Pardon all the edits, still working on my spelling, hey, at least I'm trying!

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 22 May 2005 at 07:43 AM.]

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 22 May 2005 at 07:44 AM.]

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 22 May 2005 at 07:51 AM.]

Charles Tilley

Post  Posted 22 May 2005 4:23 pm    

I want everyone to know that I have asked Bobbe Seymour to come to Texas and he came both times. If he says he is coming to Texas and present a TEXAS SLIDE-OFF with Reece, then he will do it.

Bobbe, you know I will take care of you TEXAS style. I have a private bedroom with private bath at my home in Princeton just waiting for you. And the McKinney airport is just 8 miles away.

You keep me informrd on this, 'ya hear????

Yor Texas Buddy,

Tilley