| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marlen keyless S-12, ever seen one?
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2010 7:44 am    

A friend of mine here in Virginia just got a Marlen S-12 guitar with 4 FP and 5 KL which is "keyless". I'd never seen one before. How many keyless Marlens are out there? All of them that I've ever seen have had standard pegheads. I'm trying everything I know to try and talk him out of the guitar as he has literally no money into the thing.........Have you ever seen one of these?....I'll try to get picture of it the next time I'm at his house.......JH in Va.

Arizona and Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2010 9:04 am    

Could have been converted to a keyless?? I've never even seen a Marlen 12!
Gary Dunn

near Camel City, NC
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2010 11:48 am    

Mark,

Have a look at this 12 string...
Mark Dershaw

Arizona and Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2010 11:57 am    

Wow! That thing looks really nice. I owned a Marlen for a few years and played a different one on loan for a year while I was in between purchases. They were both mica guitars and I never was really impressed by their looks. That one's a beaut! When did Marlen quit making guitars?
Ronald Dye

Texoma, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2010 8:36 pm    

Dave O'brien posted a pic last week or so of his Marlen 12. Good golly I'd love to get a chance at one of those 12's someday. I've got a '75 10 string lacquer pull release that needs a U-12 to keep it company.

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2010 9:25 am    

I'm going to try my d@mdest to get this guitar from the guy who owns it. He's got about three others and only one 12 string. He want's me to get it into playing shape for him but I might be tempted to tell him it's a junker or something. The guy owns a recording studio here locally and we're in the process of doing a CD there now so I'll see him again on the 11th of April and I'll snap a picture of the guitar.....

I remember when I used to go to some of those MASGA get togethers in Wilson, NC. There'd be a bunch of steel players all in a big circle and it seems like the best tone of any one in attendance was always by a Marlen player, mostly Arnett Mills or Joe Turner. There was one other guy who played a D-10 who might have been named Lambert or something like that but I'm not sure........anyway, I want this guitar bad!....JH in Va.