| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MS: Deep South New Show Dates
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2010 5:49 am    

Finally, due to many requests I am happy to announce that the Deep South Steel Guitar will have its summer show on June 11 & 12 at the Gulfport, Ms. VFW Post no. 4526, just north of the I-10 and Hiway 49 interchange on Dedeaux Road.
Glad to have the club for our Friday night frolic also. That way, we will be really in shape for the Saturday show starting at high noon.
The players list is already forming. Interest is really big. Looking forward to a few surprises also. More later on the players list.
More details to follow about the arrangements for food on Friday night and also on Saturday.
Will post motel status shortly after I return from the Dallas show next week.
Urge all to support the Texas Steel Guitar Assoc to the max.
Bill Stafford
Tom Harris

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2010 7:28 am    

Wow,,this Is good news Bill,,,Im sure all the pickers In and around this area are excited about this news,and,,as always I know you'll have a second to none line-up...Good luck at "The Dallas Show"..
Tom Harris
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2010 9:12 am     deep south show

bill: martha and i have been ready to go back since the day we got back home from your last show. we will be there for friday and saturday....thanks jack and martha
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 8:12 am     Show time

Good to hear from you guys. Hope you can be here, Tom.
Jack, glad you called and it is a big thrill for me to have you and Martha here with us. Thanks for your support. Will have a good spot on the line up for your steel program and we always enjoy your staff fiddle playing spot all during the show. Really pleased to see that Gordon Dodson will be here again too. Always enjoy Gordon and his great shades of Julian Tharpe's playing on his S-14 EXCEL.
We will have a good supply of Superb EXCELS on this program too. Can't beat that!
As usual, we are working on a few pleasant surprises in our line up. Details to follow as they develop.
Thanks again.
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 1:51 pm    

Bill.....You can count me in....with my Emmons LG II. Hope to have a new CD available by then, too. I don't mind doing our National Anthem to start things off, but would like to have a set later on in the day....if that can be arranged......Looking forward to it and the Friday Frolic at your place. You and Betty are always such great hosts. Folks you don't want to miss this one.......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 3:19 pm     Hal H

Hal, just lit off my computer and was going to send you email inviting you to our show. Be glad to have the steel player that can play our National Anthem better than anyone in the business open our show. Will give you a full slot later in the afternoon=right in the middle of our main program. Let me know if you have a time constraint. Also, Friday night we will be at the VFW for our Friday Nite Frolic as my music room has gotten too little to hold everyone comfortably. Our program will start at high noon on Saturday. Working on a very good line up too..Thank you for your support. Looking forward to your new CD. Best to you.
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 8:47 pm    

Very Happy Hey Bill....this time no time restraints at all..would you have room for me to bunk the Friday night....if not I'll try R.J.'s....depending on if Sera is home or not.....I'm so looking forward to this.........Take care......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 3:14 am     Five Star Barnyard Apt.

Hal, we can put you up in our Five Star Barnyard Apt., as Joe Wright has named it. And I do hope that Sera Buras will be in town and could drop by to excite everyone at our show. As usual, this is building up all on its own merits. Good time is coming again to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Thanks for your support. I would love to hear you and Gordon Dodson blend those two magnificent voices together in front of your steel talents. What a treat that would be for all, and especially me!! Think about that.

Bill Stafford
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 7:45 am     6-11 and 12-'10

I'm gonna' try to be there Wild Bill. It's been too long since.
BB
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 11:01 am     Bb

WOW!! You now how to make my days to come... Hope you can be here. Keep me posted so I can help out in any way I can. See you next week in Dallas good ole FRIEND!
Bill Stafford
Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 11:51 am     Dssga

Count on me to be fumbling around down there with everyone. One of my favorite places to be.
Sounds great already. Its always a relaxed and great atmosphere. Thanks Bill for all you do to put it together.
Doc and Ginny Rickles
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 12:15 pm     Dr

Doc, you most certainely counted in a lot of times. Gets better all the time thanks to you guys. Tell the gang up there to let me know who wants to come down and help us out. With good ole Bobby Bowman, Texas Hall of Fame member in the house, we will just have to play a lot of good Texas foot stomping music.
I will be in Dallas this coming weekend and have a lot of personal invites to issue. Want to have a really nice show for all of us to enjoy. Will keep you all posted.
(Anxious to hear Julie Musgrove on the band stand again too. After hearing Julie sing, Dottie West just had to take a second chair in my favorite pretty lady singers).
Bill Stafford
Phil Coontz

Branson, MO, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 12:26 pm     Deep South Show

Hi Bill you can count me in if you have a slot, had a ball last year... Phil
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 1:49 pm     Pc

Double WOW! Phil and Bobby. Holey Mackeral! Got you down Phil. I will be in touch later about the arrangements when I get back from Dallas next week. Sure tickled pink about this good beginning. You guys are amazing.
Bill Stafford
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 4:31 pm     deep south steel show

Hey Bill: I'm planning on comming with a pocket fullof the coated picks. May have to order some more after Dallas &then Billy Carr's show, Don't need a slot, I'd rather set & listen to all the greater ones pick & try to steal their licks. Andy H.
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 7:25 pm     Gulfport

Hey Bill - I'm not booked on those days so Mary I just might jump in our van and come down if you are not full on the schedule as yet. It is always a fun time attending your shows. I'll see you in Dallas this week end and we can talk more about it. Scotty
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2010 2:01 am     Movie About Mr Smooth

Takes a while to Load watch it to the end.

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1267945769709RA99
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2010 3:01 am     Scotty

Scotty, I was going to give you a personal invite this coming week. I will replinish the bottles also. lol Have safe trips and I will have a special spot on the program for you. See you soon.
Bill S
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2010 10:26 pm    

Bill I am going to try to come to the Friday show, to watch it. I have to work that Saturday night at my day job.I sent you a PM asking for the time the Friday show starts.I am really looking forward to come out and meet everybody.I already know Hal, he is a great picker. I have heard him before.
Tommy Shown
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2010 4:00 am     Dssg

Tomnmy, the Friday Nite Frolic has gotten too big to be at my home so we moved it to the VFW.We will start around 7 pm. This is an informal fun night for all. See you there.
Directions to the VFW: Take I-10 exit 34 North (Gulfport/Hattiesburg exit) aka Highway 49. Dedeaux Rd is the third red light from I-10. Go east (right) for less than a quarter mile. VFW is on the left right after you go under the fire station green light. My cell phone no. is 228 669 0842. Call me should you need assistance, etc.
Hal Higgins will be there along with the rest of us. Hal will kick off our program on Saturday at 11:55 AM with our National Anthem. (I have never heard anyone, and you can underline that, play this tribute any better).
If plans work out, still undertermined at this time, I want to honor our Armed Services-and especially the women this time around.One of our DSSG members, J.R. Jones, who now resides in Nashville has a great DVD music tribute titled "She's A Soldier" and I want to hopefully feature this in honor and memory of the sacrifices made by our LADIES IN SERVICE. More as this develops.
Bill Stafford
Cayla Ann Kelton

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2010 7:03 am     Howdeeeeee !

Hey BFF...Is there a little spot to insert Miss Mini Minnie Pearl in your program ??? I would love to come. I think school is out by then. Can't wait to see you and Miss Betty in Dallas. Love ya'll
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2010 9:48 am     Dssg

There is always room for you Cayla, our little darling of south. Not so little anymore though. Turning into a beautiful young lady with lots of talent. Can't wait to see you in the movies.
Our audience will be proud to see you again.
Straight A's in school-keep up the good work. Surprise waiting for you here in Mississippi too.
See you this weekend in Dallas. Glad you will open my part of the program too....
Bill Stafford
Cayla Ann Kelton

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2010 6:13 am     Howdeeee

Get ready for big hugs. See ya Friday night in Dallas.
Cayla
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2010 10:46 am     Big Hugs to all

Just returned from the Dallas show. That was probably their biggest show to date. Congratulations to the TSGA Org for all the hard work in putting this one one.
Want to thank Cayla for opening my program with her rendition of "America, The Beautifil" and immediately afterwards, she led our Pledge of Allegiance to remind the audience of this wonderful country. Thanks Cayla.
Our DSSG show, on June 11 and 12 just got much bigger also. As soon as the players list is confirmed it will be really exciting. I can confirm that the steel trio that set everyone on their ears will be on our stage. These guys played at the jam session Thursday night. Their playing brought the house down many times. This group features Joe Rogers, Murnel Babineaux and Rich Comeaux.(Hope I have the spelling right, if not, I will learn soon)
Their appearance on the Thursday night jam put them back on the stage on the main program later on in the week.
I am truly excited about these young players and the effect they will have on our folks here.
I will have a players list posted as soon as final confirmations are made.
This will be our biggest and best show to date also.
The VFW, Dedeaux Rd, Gulfport, Ms. will never be same. Friday night we will start at 7:00 PM. The Saturday show is tentatively scheduled to start at noon, but due to all the players I talked with in Dallas wanting to come down, we might have to start earlier and play later....
Thanks to all for their continued support of Deep South Steel Guitars.
Bill Stafford
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2010 2:40 pm     Show

I just wanted to add that I have just confirmed with my buddy, Bill Stafford, that I will be at this great show in June. It is always a pleasure and honor to be a part of this great show which is always first class. I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace