| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Jam, April 30 Magee, ms
Joe Garner

Magee, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2005 9:16 am    

I wanted to keep everyone aware of our next steel jam on April 30 in Magee, MS. Mike Johnson, Randy Beavers, and John Hughey will be here. The show will be at Music City, not South Fork as previously posted. We look forward to seeing everyone there. If you have any questions, please email us at musicty@bellsouth.net or call us at (601)-849-9887.
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2005 5:22 pm    

Instead of picking I think I'll just get a front row seat and watch and listen. This is a steel players dream come true. Many thanks to Joe Garner and all the good folks at MUSIC CITY in Magee,Ms.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2005 5:29 pm    

I hope i can make this show because the Garners are very nice people and im also looking to maybe see some old friends there at the show. Wow you mean Billy your gonna watch like me? Jim
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2005 8:03 pm    

I don't think we will let Billy just watch!
No Way! He can hang with the best of 'em!
Looking forward to it!
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2005 4:00 pm    

Hey Joe !!!
Put my name on the 3 seat from the center isle, left side, front row. I'm gonna keep that chair warm all day.
What time does the show start ????
Ben O'Dell

------------------
If it ain't got steel in it, It Ain't
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2005 10:12 pm    

I will be playing a tribute to the great JERRY BYRD during the steel show in Magee. I talked with Joe at MUSIC CITY INSTRUMENTS today about it while I was there. I'll be playing my 1953 D-8 National non-pedal guitar. I plan to play three songs in memory of JERRY BYRD. They are Steelin' The Blues, Blue Hawaii and Harbor Lights. The traditional C6th tuning will be used. Rest in peace my fellow steel player.
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2005 3:41 am    

Great idea Billy! I am sure that will be one of the highlights of the day!
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2005 3:51 am    

Billy, I will be there to listen to that tribute. Thanks so much for doing that in honor of my friend-Jerry Byrd.

Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 7:44 am    

Billy....what a wonderful thing to do, and I'm sure you will do great justice to those great songs that Mr. Byrd played so well. You are a fine player yourself!!!! Looking forward to being there with such great talent on the stage....John, Mike, Randy, Bill Stafford (wow), Billy Carr, Reggie, and I'm sure ther'll be many others there as well.......WOW!

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.

Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 9:10 am    

I keep hearing great things about that show.Joe and them are first class people.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 2:08 pm    

Hal, I am just going to listen to all those great players and especially since Billy will do that memorial for Jerry. The angels now can hear real genuine heavenly music at last. He is missed.

Bill Stafford
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 4:35 pm    

I plan on being there. Sounds like a great show.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Mike Hoover

Franklin, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 9:22 pm    

Every one needs to bring Ben a Birthday present. 4/30/?? was his birthday, got to be older than dirt. I will be there with my party face(opps) hat on. If there is a cake, we better have the fire dept. on standby.

See you'll there

Mike

What time do it start????

[This message was edited by Mike Hoover on 15 April 2005 at 10:24 PM.]

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 15 Apr 2005 9:40 pm    

Hal, thanks for the nice thoughts. This three song tribute to JERRY BYRD will be emotional for those of us were BYRD fans. For me, my father was a big Jerry Byrd fan and that's how I became familiar with Jerry Byrd. I was playing 6 string rickenbacker trying to copy a little 45 record when I was about 11 or 12 years old. Guess who was playing "Steelin' The Blues" on the 45. JERRY BYRD! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 30th.
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 6:15 pm    

That wasn't nice HENRY !!!! That's ok though. It'll be good to see you there. When you get over there about Jackson, get out of the vehicle and walk around a little on some level ground. It has a tendency to relieve some of the Arkansas list.

Yep,,,,, gonna be 39 and I'm hiding, (from the lightening bolt).

Billy, gonna be a thrill to hear you perform at the show. Especially the tribute. Can hardly wait. What a great Player !!!!

Ben O'Dell

------------------
If it ain't got steel in it, It Ain't
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2005 3:36 am    

Time is running out folks for this great show so make plans on attending. The Garners have an excellant shop for steel guitar players as well as many other musical/instrument needs. Couple that together with some of the nicest most honest people on our planet and why else would you folks down there want to deal with anyone else? You will now get a chance, first hand to listen to great players who will also talk with you and give you a few tips if you ask. Look at the talent that they are bringing to their show. Not only are they all great players but they are great people who you just enjoy talking with. There will be a full compliment of Walker Seats available for you to buy and "take home that day" for all of you who wish to finally get one. John Hughey uses a Walker as does Randy Beavers. Just ask them why. We at Walker Seats are proud that the Garners and Music City Instruments are Walker Seats Dealers.
So all of you who have been trying to decide about going just make the move and then walk away at the end and say "WOW".

Visit their website at www.musiccityinstruments.net

Ray Walker
Walker Seats
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 1 May 2005 10:29 am    

Where do you start, describing one of the best steel shows ever put on! Great local playing and singing featuring great musicians from our area. Charlie Harrison,
Joe Grayson, Paul Pearson, Mitch Ellis, Steve Sanford, Hal Higgins and Jim Parker were just fabulous....and others I can't remember.......Ben ODell on bass and vocals.
Ronnie Miley was awesome on drums and HOT lead! Man you were smokin'!

Then, John Hughey was introduced and we just buckled our seatbelts! He was followed by Mike Johnson who wowed all in attendance!
Then, "Theawfullest", Joe Wright, was at the top of his game and had me rolling, crying and listening to some of the best sounds of the day!

And the 2 hour jam session at the end with John Hughey, Joe Wright, Mike Johnson and Hal Higgins was the perfect ending to a fine program....

Joe Garner and staff.from the bottom of my heart, "THANK YOU".

[This message was edited by Reggie Duncan on 01 May 2005 at 11:30 AM.]

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 1 May 2005 3:41 pm    

Thanks Reggie for your kindness. That was probably the best show that i have been to in a long time. To the Garners and all who played a very good job guys. Got to make some new friends there and it was so good. Thanks to everyone. Jim
Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2005 5:38 pm    

Joe we want be able to come,but next time we'll be there...c ya,...Charlie......