| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is Wayne Wilson still alive?(Bass man) Bucks
Kenny Pryor

Decatur ILLinois area, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2005 12:41 pm    

I have been searching for Wayne Wilson. He played bass for Buck on the Japan album. I last saw him in Brighton TN. in 1991 aprx., his wife's name is Doris. I made all sorts of contacts some years back at brighton to locate him, but no luck. I spoke with Tom Brumley 3 or so years ago and he said some one had come through Branson saying wayne had cancer. He was a super nice guy, and a good musician. I wood sure like to find out if he is Ok. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,

Kenny Pryor-- k1940@frontiernet.net
Gregg Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn.,USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2005 6:28 am    

Kenny, I would be interested in hearing about Wayne also. I worked most of the summer of '65 with him and Tony Farr in George Kent's band. I was really glad when he got the "Buckaroos" gig. I ran into Wayne on the street in downtown Nashville back in the early '70s. He was just passing through....might have been driving a truck for a living at the time. At any rate, I hope someone comes up with some more recent info on him. Great guy/great singer!
Bill Baker

Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2005 12:38 pm    

I picked with Wayne in l983 or 84. He was liveing in Benton, Arkansas, have not heard of him from that time. You may check with Rudy Osborne, he live's in Benton---www.classic-n-steel.com

------------------
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2005 7:37 pm    

I worked a demo session in OKC on some Stoney Edwards' stuff, and Wayne sang for him. It was a thrill to meet both of those guys! That was in 1974 or 1975.
Kenny Pryor

Decatur ILLinois area, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2005 9:31 pm    

Wayne was in Brighton TN., just a few miles north of Memphis. we recorded at his house one night. He later mailed me a copy of the tape,(just him and I on it). He really did a good job with the taping. He new sound. That was the only time we met, but we sure hit it off.
I really appreciate your reply's. I will try to get hold of the fellow in benton ark. as you suggested. I should have tryed to reach him sooner. He was driving a truck long haul out of Memphis at that time.
Thanks again,
kenny Pryor..........k1940@frontiernet.net