then piano starts playing he goes to
the drummer ,he just dont seem to highlite
the guy taking the ride.
like a lot of sound men they dont think there doing
there job if there not turning knobs.
Ray Campbell

St. Robert, MO
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 8:05 am    

Buddy, I agree totally. The guest singers and the musicians are great but the show is poorly produced and coordinated. Makes it hard to watch and enjoy.
Gary L. Moore

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 9:15 am    

This really bugs me too...i thought maybe the camera staff just did not like six string tele players. That guy gets almost no air time.
Carl Kilmer

East Central, Illinois
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 11:10 am    

Maybe they don't even know what the different instruments sound like,
or maybe they get side tracked watching the girls on the dance floor.
It's bad enough we have to watch commercials more than the performers,
we have to watch whats on the dance floor too. To me that's not enjoyable.
I think they should watch Marty's show, and learn how to do it right.
Just my thoughts, and 2 cents worth.

Carl "Lucky" Kilmer

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 4:38 pm    

Thank you,thank you, thank you !!! I was beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger on this subject. Every time I or anyone else would mention the poor quality, or some performer acting like he had the Dee Tee's, some one would always come back with "Be happy we are getting it". I am happy we have it, but I'd like to see some professionalism along with it. You can't beat the McCalls, Jake Hooker, Leona, Ron, Justin etc, etc. The musical talent is there but it needs a better production staff. I could do better with a hand held Wal*Mart camera.
But hey....what does a fiddle player know. And a bad one at that.
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 5:15 pm    

Folks, believe me, Tony Smith has more Talent in his little finger than a lot of so called professionals out there. He is a great fiddle player, singer, and just an all around great person.
Larry Baker
Ray Campbell

St. Robert, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 9:47 am    

Darn, Larry, Tony's head was already too big for his britches. Well, maybe that's a poor analogy. Just kidding, folks. I agree with Larry. That Smith character is not only a good fiddle player but he also plays great guitar and sings pretty dadburn good, too. But, if I'm being told the truth, DishNetwork is fixing to drop RFD TV. I guess if they do I shall go to Direct...but I've been told it's all one company so it probably won't be long til DirectTV drops RFD, too! Anyway, Larry and Tony, probably see you guys this Satruday night at ThBarn.
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 10:01 am    

Blame "ROCKWELL"
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 10:04 am    

Budget; Budget, Budget>>>
It's all in the Budget folks. Heather could only afford two camera's.....and the stage was 10 feet up from the floor. So it was a crane camera out front and a hand held on stage....>so the stage camera was only able to shoot from the side and to zoom in on a player that was right next to them playing; is something they did not script for. There were no solo script shots(that takes massive rehearsals which cost money also).
Bringing something like this to RFD-TV was a first time thing for Heather Myles. It was as good as she could do for that first time. There is plans for new Taping in April; and of course she will learn from the first and hopefully be able to please more of you on the second. Can't please everyone all the time of course....but a galant effort was made.
This stuff cost a LOT of freakin' Money. Heather had to mortgage her house to even get it going. Having Backers is another support that is seeming to be hard right now for her...but hopefully it will come along. If any of you want to help sponser the Show and put up thousands of dollars; I can give you her email address. Other than that; just enjoy having another great Country medium to be seen and heard.
Ricky
Buddy Castleberry

HAWKINSVILLE GA USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 1:52 pm    

THANKS RICKY THATS ABOUT THE BEST ANSWER
Tony Smith

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 3:41 pm    

Thanks guys for the nice words. Now to Heather Myles...are you kidding me? Is this the work of one person? One person took on all the expense of getting these artists together? I know people that could do this with their pocket change...but they don't, do they? I along with many others, I'm sure, thought it was produced by some big production company...
I want to right here and now apologize to Heather Myles for some uninformed comments. Open mouth and insert foot. Now with all the facts in the open, Heather....you did a great job, and had I known the whole story before I spoke, you would have, and now do have all my support and appreciation for your efforts. Heather Myles, I am sorry and keep up the good work.
Ray Campbell

St. Robert, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 3:59 pm    

I ditto Tony. I think Heather Myles is a heckuva singer and love listenting to her on XM Radio. Let me insert foot again: If it weren't for hearing the Heathers and the Ambers and the Leonas, the Justins, the Ron Williams and the Jake Hookers, ad infinitum, I would probably drop my XM because they also play so much crap that, Sorry Willie, isn't GOOD country and, in a lot of cases, not country at all. Now that I've aggravated Willie and XM, I should probably wander off into the wild blue yonder and shut the heck up. But I doubt that I will. Love you, Tony Smith.
James Jacoby

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 5:32 pm    

It's hard for us musicians to realize that a person could not tell the difference between the different instruments. My pet peeve, is when they focus on the rhythm guitar player, and I miss all the great lead work! I think it's probably because his hands are moving more than the lead player. -Jake- Rolling Eyes
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2010 7:24 am    

That's ok guys; Heather appreciates all support and enthusiasm to continue. Negativitly Kills any momentum; and I believe we are back on course.
Ya'll are the best.
Now James(Jake); yes it's hard to imagine; but yes there are folks that are NOT musicians that are not familiar with the different instruments in a matter of a few seconds. It's easy for us; because we know. Remember; filming crew, films many many things, not just music. They too have to learn through experience....and experience cost money.
Ricky
John L. Farrell

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2010 4:12 pm    

I think all of you are very fortunate because I don't even get RFD on my cable channel [charter]. Sure wish I did. But I have seen the show when visiting and I think it is great. Thanks to you Heather for doing this. And thanks to whoever it was that posted that bit of information. But I do get XM and I have it in the truck, office and house. Thank you Texas for all that great music !!!!!!!!