| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Ralph Paulin
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 5:58 am    

I'm very sorry to say that one of my best friends and great Steel Player Ralph Paulin has Passed away. He is also a Steel Guitar forum member plus he is a member of the (NESGA)New England Steel Guitar Association that Anna and I started.Ralph had taught me a lot about playing the Steel Guitar.I'm very hurt that I lost a great Buddie and I will miss him for ever.May God bless him.I hope to see him in the next world.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2010 9:14 am    

Ralph enjoyed sitting in with bands, including ours (Ray Cross and the Country Heartbeats). For someone who doesn't "play out" much, that takes bravery! My hat is off to him--and to all those who may not be pros but are willing to set up their axe, put on their picks, take a deep breath, and play!

The Rhode Island steel community will miss our friend Ralph.

Chris
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2010 10:25 am    

Ralph was a friend who played with great dignity. Back in the early eighties Ralph convinced me to set up my steel by changing the C pedal to a lever. (left moving right). He pointed out how rocking your foor off the A pedal, your body would easily go into a BC pedal/lever combination. As a result, I use the F#C# raise all the time. It`s like having a third foot like Jeff Newman once said about Ralph Mooney. Ironically, at a later time, Ralph Paulin told me that the late R.I. legendary Billy Marshal had convinced him to switch back.
On March 13,2010 a benefit will be held at Post 15 American Legion in E. Greenwich, R.I. 1-5, to help Ralph`s family cope with funeral expenses.
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2010 11:43 am    

Ralph`s Benefit I think the time frame is 1-5. Also the day of the week is definately Saturday
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2010 12:31 pm    

The first info on the date was March 13. I received wrong info. The correct date is MARCH 6,2010. Hope we still have a strong showing of support for our departed friend Ralph Paulin.
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2010 1:50 pm     Will miss a nice guy & good steel player !!

Very sorry to hear of Ralphs passing on . Ralph was a real gentleman and played very good steel guitar !! I will most certainly be at his benefit to pay my respects!! Eddie "C"