| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Randy Cockrell, Colcord, Oklahoma
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 3:38 pm    

Received and e-mail yesterday from Roger Osbourn that Randy Cockrell of Colcord, Oklahoma passed away January 2, 2010. Randy was one of the original members of the NEOSGA steel club, which is now known as the SSSGC of Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Randy was 57 years old and he loved steel guitar. He was one of the good guys that you couldn't help but like. He made me a steel guitar bar with my initals and I still use it. God bless his family as I know that they are going to miss him. Goodbye my friend. Ray
P.S. Thanks Roger for letting me know. Ray
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 4:00 pm    

Thanks Ray, I hadn't heard anything about his passing. It's so hard to lose our loved ones during the holiday season. My prayers and thoughts go out to the family. Randy was well liked by anyone that knew him. He will be missed.
Roger Osbourn

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2010 1:00 pm    

Well I went to Randy's wake last night.Tom Welch (Randy's father-in-law) told me Randy was
helping a neighbor ladie when he started coughing then spitting up blood.The ladie helped Randy into her pickup and rushed him home.Mary(Randy's wife)saw them coming up the driveway in a hurry and she knew trouble was coming.She went to him and he was trying to tell her something but she was unable to understand what he was saying before he passed away in her arms.
Randy was a very kind and humble Teddy Bear.Not a proud,haughty or boastful bone in his body.One measure of a man is that his children think as much of him when they are grown as they did when they were small.You can bet that Angie and Amber as well as most everyone in Colcord Oklahoma loved that precious man and his memory will be in our hearts forever.REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits.