| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What is a good price for this P/P?
Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 12:10 pm    

It's not in the best condition, was under the bed for a few years, is bought begin '80.
What model is it?
What is for me a fair price to pay for it, and what will it cost to give it extra knees and a extra floorpedal? I like to get it 9/8 Franklin-set-up(Part-prices)
guess tuners have to be replaced too...
Thanks in advance!
regards, Johan

Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 1:53 pm    

From its pictures the guitar doesn't look that bad to me. We've all seen others in worse condition. However, that being said, it's a rare push/pull that doesn't need work unless it's bought from a reputable dealer or player. At least that's been my experience.

Perhaps others will hazard a price quote for you. As for myself, I'd suggest watching what others are asking for similar Emmons and, more importantly, what they sell for.

Finally, if you've never done it before, adding more knees and/or pedals to a push/pull is not something that is easily done. Although I do my own work on my all-pull guitars, I leave my Emmons in the hands of push-pull guru Dave Peterson of Chicago.

Just my thoughts.
Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 11:39 pm    

Johan, I think a fair price in the US market would be around $2,750 (American Dollars)

I suspect it's worth much more in Europe.

One thing for certain, it's black... so it sounds great. Very Happy
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 4:37 am    

Johan
Think long and hard about loading the guitar with 8 knees. That will add a lot of weight to the guitar, and along with 9 pedals, things will get very congested under there. Bearing in mind that you can potentially do pulls on both necks with one lever, 5 or 6 levers tops should do most everything that you will need.

KB
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 7:35 am    

Thanks guys!
When I decide to use the 4th floor for the Franklin pedal and also for it's use on the C6th, will it get a heavy pedaltravel as common on a all-pull without helpersprings?
JJ
Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 1:19 pm    

If it needs to be completely rebuild to be playable I wouldn't want to pay more than $1000 for it. If it is playable as it sits, Danny Bates' valuation is pretty solid.

Is the case adequate? Do the tuning keys really need to be replaced? You may find that you can only located bean style keys in all metal. Does the guitar have any knee levers? Knee lever kits are not cheap.

My PP works much better without the Franklin pedal. That pedal requires that you add a lot of slack to the A floor pedal (B raises) to accommodate the lowers of the Franklin pedal.

Do you really need 9&8? A simpler set-up that works well is always better than a more complicated guitar that gives you problems. Can you make the inevitable adjustments yourself or are you going to have to ship the guitar to some distance expert to do this for you? I wouldn't want to own a guitar that I couldn't adjust and repair on my own.