| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Del Walters New Refurbished Mullen S12, New Pics Added
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 5:52 pm    

Congratulations to Del Walters!. He is the proud new owner of my latest refurbished Pre-RP Mullen U12. Del has decided to convert this to an EX-E9 S12. Cant help it I feel like im just a proud Papa! Laughing Laughing
BEFORE

DURING RESTORATION

ANOTHER REBUILD

Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Last edited by Mickey Adams on 5 Dec 2009 11:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 6:03 pm     My New Mullen

Thanks Mickey;
I can hardly wait to see her. It's hard to believe, such a sick guitar could now be a fountain of luster. My veterinarian analogy is, first there was the Horse Whisper, then the Dog Whisper, and Now, Just Now, The Mullen Whisper. Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Doc
Rittenberry SD 12 Lacquer, Rittenberry SD 12, Mullen G2 Del Mullen Signature SD-12, "Fox Vintage Amp and vintage reverb",Steel Mixer, "BJS Bars" , Sanberg 7 string bass, Fender tele-#4,Strats-#1,Fender V USA bass#2 Gibson 335, etc, etc, 1 fully staffed and equip veterinary hospital,plus 5 Yorkies, and a tolerate 100 pound Rottweiler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scott Howard

Georgetown, TN, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 6:23 pm    

I had one just like it, Pre RP . It was my first 12 string. Same fret board as the before picture of this one. I also added the color fret board to mine and a small pad . Mine is pictured mid page here ( not a good picture )

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=172173

I have loved the 12 string every since. I just wish I had been able to keep all the ones I've had to sell over the years. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 7:15 pm     mullen

Scott;Thanks for the kind words. This will be my 2nd Mullen 12. I have a U-12, that I bought from Al Marcus on the forum a year ago, that I am playing now. I sent it to Mickey, and he converted to a Extended E9th.I really like the extended e9th.

Mickey, has really brought both guitars back to life. I'm excited, as now I can have one in the studio, and one at home. Will red play as well as White, Scott ? Thanks Del Very Happy
Rittenberry SD 12 Lacquer, Rittenberry SD 12, Mullen G2 Del Mullen Signature SD-12, "Fox Vintage Amp and vintage reverb",Steel Mixer, "BJS Bars" , Sanberg 7 string bass, Fender tele-#4,Strats-#1,Fender V USA bass#2 Gibson 335, etc, etc, 1 fully staffed and equip veterinary hospital,plus 5 Yorkies, and a tolerate 100 pound Rottweiler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scott Howard

Georgetown, TN, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 7:55 pm    

Yes red will play as good as white. I have had several Mullens and they all played great. But the question is , Will it play as good as a black one ?
Winking

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2009 8:25 pm     mullen

Scott;
I may have to get back to you about a black guitar, as I running out of money. Do you think someonelse can help me out with that question? Merry x-as Doc
Bryan Hall

West Grove,Pa.
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2009 2:36 pm     wow she sure is pretty

5 days and 3000 miles later
and that baby sure looks nice! Very Happy
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2009 11:19 am    

Bump new pics
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2009 12:58 am     Mullen

OOOOOOOOOOH, M----------------Y Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2009 1:45 am     Mullen

OOOOOOOOOOH, M----------------Y Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 12:10 pm    

MAN that is a sweet lookin' axe!!
Rick Winfield

Pickin' beneath the Palmettos
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 1:27 pm     papa

You are the "proud papa" Mickey, you do some beautiful work !
From your videos, I learned about that Mullen tone !
Yea, baby!
if I only has some dough, I'd commission a Turquiose Lacquer ext E9th Smile
Rick
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 4:48 pm    

Thanks Rick!!>..And more keep coming!!..Another S12 on the way...this time a White Mica 92 S12U which I will convert to an EXE9 5+5...Will post pics next week..!!!
Bill Stroud

Dresden, Tennessee, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 5:52 pm     Well I'll Be

Mickey what a superb job, and I just talked with Del and would he have been kicked out of Texas if he didn't get the 12 string BJS Bar?
Thanks Del for the information on our new Yorkie-Poo.

You've got a good looking Steel, and with Mickey working on it , it will be right, he puts his all into it.
Bill