| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  !!! Having a GREAT Time !!!
Steven Dingle

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2009 6:24 pm    

Perhaps I'm a bit more jazzed than someone of my years should be, but I just LOVE learning to play this instrument! I had posted earlier that I just got a new Justice axe, and I've got to say, that it just sounds and plays wonderfully! I also picked up a NV 112, and with a bit of tweaking, it also sounds great.

I haven't posted since the first post because I'm so busy learning to maximize the tone (and yes, like y'all have said) so much of the tone seems to be in the right hand technique. I'm also very appreciative to the E9 chart from Patricia, as it REALLY has helped fgure out chord relationships. I am focusing now on learning the neck by moving 3rds and 6ths up and down in scales! I haven't had this much fun in years!

Like I said, just an update, and I'm watching and learning from you all as well as from Fred who keeps teaching me stuff!

Thanks!
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2009 1:29 am    

Steve I'll give you a little bump up here.
I've not seen anyone so excited in a long time as you about learning the steel guitar Steve, and that's what is helping you learn so fast. Keep up the good progress my friend, your gonna make a great player. Very Happy
Barry Hyman

upstate New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2009 6:10 am    

Oh come on now, Fred -- I'm just as excited as Steve is about learning pedal steel and I've been working at it for almost 38 years! Everytime I touch it I figure out something new. Good luck, Steven -- the fun never stops even if sometimes you have a bad day!
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2009 8:40 am    

Keep the excitement Steven !!
Hook

Pat Haley

Walker, LA USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2009 3:54 am    

Steve, I am also a new player and love to play the PSG. About 3 months ago I bought the one I have from Ricky Davis. It is a D10 Sho – Bud Custom II Pro and it plays great thanks to Ricky’s work. Santa brought me a NV 112 this week. I guess he got confused on his dates. I have been around music most of my life, singing in choirs as a young boy, played in the band in school, and sang in the high school choir. One thing I would like to find is some tabs on scales showing three notes. I understand enough about music to know that songs are built around scales and if you know scales you have a better chance to learn the song. I have bought Mickey Adams book and CD and it was a great investment and outstanding learning tool. Keep the faith and never stop learning.