| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Nashville 112 Endorsers
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 9:00 am    

I am pleased to announce that Ron Elliott and John Hughey have joined our team of Nashville 112 endorsers. Many artists such as Jerry Brightman, Hal Rugg, Randy Beavers, Jeff Peterson, Tommy Dodd and Buck Reid have joined our efforts in bringing the best steel amps to the stage. Check the Nashville Series amplifiers out at your local authorized Peavey dealer.

In the meantime, check these products out at www.peavey.com

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 9:33 am    

Wow! Mr. Hughey with a Peavey amp, that's really saying something.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 11:00 am    

Seems a lot of us Nashville 112 lovers are the Grandfatherly type. Do you think our backs and knees getting weaker is one of the reasons? The tone just cinches the deal.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 11:16 am    

I think that I can state that everybody wants lightweight amplifiers and I am no exception. I don't think that there is a player out there that wouldn't agree.

Christmas is upon us and now is the time to ask for that "one" big gift for yourself. Check the Nashville 112 out http://www.peavey.com/products/shop_online/browse.cf m/action/details/item/00459770/wc/1A1B31/fam/1B3/tcode/1/nashvill.cfm]here.

And, check out what owners are saying about it on the Forum.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me here at Peavey by calling toll free in North America at 1-877-732-8391, ext. 1180.

Mike Brown

(Edited to fix Looooooooog link - Joey)

[This message was edited by Joey Ace on 10 December 2004 at 10:41 AM.]

Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 11:53 am    

Hi mike how would you compare the Nashville 112 with the Nashville 400??I know the N-400 is a lot heavier but mine has a Eminence Delta lite speaker in it now and it is a lot lighter.
Sam White
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 1:52 pm    

I could not believe what happened to me with the 112. I was playing an 800-seat room with a seven piece, loud band - the room was packed with people - and the sound man came and asked me to turn my 112 DOWN. I was using just the one 112 amp and playing at volume 3 (pre) and 7 (post). I experienced no distortion and pushed the amp hard. It performed beautifully. I could not believe I was aked to turn down in such a situation, but I was glad...it proved the N112 can probably pretty much handle anything.
Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 2:11 pm    

Hi Darvin, I guess I'm one of the "Grandfatherly" type and one of the "Great-Grandfatherly" type also, but so far, it hasen't hurt my ears yet,..I just love the sound and response of the little Dude. Have a Blessed Holiday Season, Darvin, and stay in touch,..I'd like to talk with you. Many thanks for letting me horn in. Ron
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 2:41 pm    

Samuel, I personally own and play a Nashville 400 amp and the Nashville 112 is a bit "smoother" sounding to me. But, the best way that I can describe it is that the amp is "lighter in weight". Sorry, I got off track a minute.

In the venues that I play, I wouldn't have a problem with using the 112 because we mic our gear. A combination of the speaker and the preamp makes the 112 preferable to me, but I suggest that you try one out for yourself. But the response seems to "feel" better to me than the 400.

Thanks for asking.

Mike Brown
Jim Peters

St. Louis, Missouri, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 5:00 pm    

My first gig on steel with the 112 went great. Pre and post about straight up. This was with a LOUD band and the little 112 had plenty of power, with lots to spare. IMHO a great amp. ( Mike ,I've only been playing a year, but someday I'll be really good, does Peavey want in on the ground floor of my career, maybe send me a couple of 112's and maybe some guitars?) JimP
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 5:29 pm    

I don't see how anyone could love this great amp any more than I do! It's magic! Tone and the lightness are hard to over look! Loud? You bet!

bobbe
Clint Queen

Prescott, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 8:08 pm    

I dumped my Sessiom 500 as soon as the 112 became available. Love it, and being a lightweight myself, we were made for each other. Terrific sound.
Bob Knight

Bowling Green KY
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 8:22 pm    

I love my NV 112. I'm not usually too impressed by the "flavor of the week" when it comes to gear, but The NV112 is here to stay. I've used it in a couple of large venues and it has plenty of power and headroom.

Thanks to Mike Brown and Peavey Electronics for another winner, also Thanks to Bobbe Seymour for a SUPER Deal. Call or go see Bobbe or Danny at Steel Guitar Nashville. (615) 822-5555
Jerry Hendrix

Manistee, Michigan, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2004 8:23 pm    

I really like mine,it can handle the C-6h neck as well as the E-9th. I do wish it had an electrical outlet in it, but I do like it`s light weight.
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2004 3:22 am    

At a club meeting here in Florida I was playing next to Johnny Bondz, he had a 112, and a Sho-buid Ldg and I was playing thru my 400, Sho-bud d10 professional, on the video you could not tell any difference in the sound, they sounded alike.

ernie
Ernest Tuttle

Elgin, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2004 9:52 am    

I LOVE BOTH OF MY NASHVILLE 112s lIKE BOBBEE SAYS THEY ARE GREAT LITTLE AMPS. DON'T NEED MY LTD ANY MORE IF ANY ONE WANTS IT. IT'S FOR SALE. THANKS MIKE BROWN FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN,.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2004 10:51 am    

OK thanks guys and Mike Brown thank you I just bought one from Bobbe and got a great deal on it. Bobbe is the Man.
Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 10 December 2004 at 10:52 AM.]

c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2004 10:54 am    

I'm not a new endorser as I bought 3 nv112s as soon as they came out, 2 for me and one for a friend; but they are great and I don't even use my profex any more. Just great pure steel sound. CC
Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2004 9:17 pm    

My new LeGrande 111 arrived at my door at two pm today. Twenty minutes later it was plugged in the 112 and the sound is something to behold. My good friend Roger Rettig is using a 112 in the "Always Patsy "
show currently playing in Venice Florida and it handles everything quite well.We both think it handles the C6th as well as our other amps do.I can't imagine needing anything else, unless it was two 112's in stereo....hint, hint , Santa...

Bud
Ronald Comtois

Bourne, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2004 8:54 am    

Question for Mike Brown.What is the benefit of using the 12 inch Blue Marvel speaker over a 12 inch Black Widow.I have been told that the sound was better with the Black Widow. Can't find any stores in my area that have those 112 amps in stock to try out.
Thank's R. Comtois
John Drury

Gallatin, Tn USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2004 8:52 pm    

Mike Brown,

You might be adding another one to the list of performers with a 112 on stage. Friday morning over breakfast, Don Helms told me that he was going to see Bobbe this weekend about a new Nashville 112.

Although I am strictly an at home player and play only for my own amusement, I would also like to say that I think they are a fine amp. I have two, and I am extremely pleased with both of them.

Thanks for all that you do for the steel guitar community.

John Drury
NTSGA #3
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2004 6:37 am    

I endorse the 112 for all of the above reasons. It's tone is "rich" and cuts through anything I've come up against, inlcuding a huge church that seats 1500 or so! It is a quality amp, for sure!
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2004 12:14 pm    

Tried one of these amps out yesterday at SGN with Bobbe encouraging me to get one.....and I can promise you that it is everything, and I mean everything, that it's supposed to be for a lightweight amp.....and definitely has tone to die for......as soon as is financially possible...one of these will be in my possession and it will come from Bobbe's at SGN...btw....Bobbe.....I really enjoyed our visit with you....thanks for your great hospitality and most of all for your friendship not only to me, but to the whole steel guitar community. HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.

[This message was edited by Hal Higgins on 12 December 2004 at 12:17 PM.]

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2004 12:38 pm    

Once again, Thanks to the Peavey Corp. for "hanging in" with the steel guitar community for over 30 years, and providing high quality steel guitar amps and accessories at affordable prices, Jody.

[This message was edited by Jody Sanders on 12 December 2004 at 12:40 PM.]

Chick Donner

North Ridgeville, OH USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2004 4:16 am    

Don't know if Mike cares, but I'll join the list of NV 112 endorsers. Had mine for 2 weeks now and have used it exclusively on gigs. Great little amp. Not QUITE as much body as my Webbs, but I bought it to carry as a spare. Small size and light weight was what I wanted. The big sound is a pleasant surprise.
Joe Alterio

Irvington, Indiana
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2004 9:07 am    

As I recall, John Hughey was an Evans endorser....and I believe Evans' only pedal steel endorser.

For him to jump to the Nashville 112 from an Evans is saying a LOT about how great that N112 really is!!!