| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Dunlop 535Q Wah Wah pedal?
Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2009 7:05 pm    

Anyone who has experience with or opinions about this pedal being a GOOD or BAD product for steel players, I'd sure like to hear your opinions here.
Thanks, ...Tom
Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2009 8:26 pm    

I've had one for years, but I've never considered using it for steel guitar. If wah wah is something you're after, this is a good pedal--it has an adjustable range of 6 settings for the wah, and also has a boost which is variable.

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2009 10:45 pm    

Thank's Mike, for your input.

I've been looking for a quality Wah Wah pedal to add to my product offerings. I'm very selective in whatever I sell, since I buy back anything a customer chooses to return. Jim Dunlop touts this Wah Wah pedal as the best ever made, and is currently the firm's fastest selling Wah pedal. He feels it would be approved by steel players. Besides that, he and I have been personal friends for 40 years. He supplied me with one of these pedals to try out. I was impressed, since it performed very well in all my tests. However, I would prefer other steelers to confirm its performance before I stock it and stand behind it. I've read the comments by a host of guitarists on other Internet Forums. Their evaluations have been good, but they aren't steel players.

Quite frankly, I'd prefer offering a volume pedal with the Wah Wah effect, but I'm not aware that such a quality Wah Wah pedal exists. Goodrich once offered a volume pedal that included the Wah Wah effect, but they no longer manuacture it. Perhaps other brands exist, but I'm not aware that they are of sufficient quality to rise to the standards of steel player's demands.

The Dunlop pedal would have to sit to the left of a player's usual volume pedal, and would be employed when needed, with the player taking his foot off his volume pedal to engage the Wah Wah. The Dunlop has a pre-set volume level and 6 different Wah tone-settings. It seems like it should satisfy all players' preferences by its various options, but what do I know?

I'm thinking of offering this pedal on a trial basis to my established customers. This would be expensive {shipping costs, etc.} if too many chose to return it. But, I've tried these marketing ploys for years, so that's nothing new for me.

I would like others to post comments regarding my plan and the quality of this pedal. If I'm wrong to do this please let me know here. ...Tom
Bob Kagy

Lafayette, CO USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2009 2:08 pm    

I'm interested and I'd like to find out more about it. Where can I go to see specs, pictures, dimensions, etc.?