| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Siloam Springs, Ar....Sat Nov 13
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2004 6:19 am    

Today's the day, tonight's the night!! Starting at 4:00 P M the SSSGA jam will begin, featuring club members and guests. Pres. Roger Osbourn works very hard to make these jams a success and you can do your part by coming early for the best seats...this is free to the public and if you'll get there by at least 4:30, you'll hear my cousin Jerry Roller....Jerry has to perform early so as to be at the "Lil Ol' Opry in West fork, Ar for his weekly gig... Tim McCutchen will be on later...always a favorite, willing to tackle some difficult material....Virgil Pittman also will be on early since he works each Sat nite... SO..point is, come one, come all, come early. Oh yes, almost forgot...Vance Monday, Mike Spaeth,James Morehead (all the way from Durant, Ok)...and the show stopper Austin Stewart with grandpa Jerry Newberry...lots of great steel from beginners to top pro players...don't miss it....you'll need a Doctor's excuse if you do.

[This message was edited by Larry King on 13 November 2004 at 06:20 AM.]

Elizabeth Qualls

Baxter Springs,Kansas USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2004 9:33 am    

Roger does put on alot of hard work and all of the SSSGC for these shows and we need to support them,plus it's a great time to take your families out for some great steel music.Also we do have Ray Qualls and Lee Ogle(all the way from Baxter Springs,Kansas) with the KSGA.Also we will have Bobby Garrett,Lavelle Pierce,Larry Garrett and Randy Mckee and the rest were mentioned in the above post.So come on out for an enjoyable evening.

[This message was edited by Elizabeth Qualls on 13 November 2004 at 09:34 AM.]

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2004 10:40 am    

Good Lord...we're gonna have fun....all those Kansas boys are a great bunch of guys. It is with deep regret that I announce Mr Buddy Emmons has had other plans today...the rest of you be there
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2004 1:18 pm    

We just wanted to say thanks to Roger and all of the SSSGC members for a wonderful evening and again the musicians did a fine job and sorry we missed some of them as we had to leave early and thanks Larry King for helping me out on my set as I was trying to loose my voice with this cold of mine.Just wanted to say,thanks again.....
~Ray & Elizabeth~
RMckee

Broken Arrow, OK
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2004 7:00 pm    

I just wanted to add my thanks to Roger and the rest of the gang for the opportunity to have such a good time. Thanks, Roger, for the invitation. Thanks to all who had kind remarks concerning my steel playing. Thanks Jerry, Austin, and Tim for the opportunity to play the guitar with you guys. Thanks Larry and Dwain for the solid rhythm on my set. You guys make my poor efforts sound so much better. I really enjoyed all the pickers and the opportunity to visit with my friends again.

Randy
Tim McCutchen

Arkansas
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 5:14 am    

I would also like to thank Roger, Donley, and all the gang for once again giving us an outlet to play. Larry King and Dwain Carger, as Randy mentioned,lay down such a nice beat to play to. Randy, thanks for playing guitar on my set. I always enjoy your playing. Everybody played great and a good time was had by all. Looking forward to the next one.
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 7:24 am    

We also had a HUGE time!! Thanx for such a nice place to play, and a nice bunch of pickers! James and the Durant gang.
Roger Osbourn

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 9:04 am    

The SSSGC wants to send thanks to President Bush,Vice President Chaney,Freddie Justice and the Secretary of the Air Force as well as anyone and everyone that made our November 2004 Saturday-Nite Jamboree a "BIG SUCCESS".So if played on the stage,brought food,helped in the concession area,came to listen to the music,donated money or just thought of us Saturday night,then "THANK YOU".There,I think I covered everyone.I want to apologize to Jerry and Austin for being out of pocket and not introducing them when they started their set.Everyone there was very aware of who Austin and Grandpaw was anyway.I was in the set-up room eating lunch and supper consisting of a cup of coffee and some of Connie Harrington's cookies.I like oatmeal and raisin cookies too Connie.
Our Saturday-Nite Jamborees are growing to the point that I'm going to have to change the way players are invited to participate.SSSGC members will always get priority on the play list.We were starting at 5 pm and with more and more players wanting on,we are now starting at 4 pm.We don't want to play past 10 pm and I hate to start much earlier than 4 pm and I don't want to shorten the time on the players set,so I'm going to have to limit the amount of players at the next Jamboree.So if you don't get invited next February,to play on our Jamboree,
"PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED".
I have a responsibility to give SSSGC members first priority and then fill the play list with nonmembers.I am greatful however,too many players is a good problem to have.
I do want to mention the efforts of and send thanks to Dwain and Deb Carger,Larry King Live,Tim Lane as well as our friends from Durant,Lindsey Nickole,James Morehead and Wade Morehead.And a "MIGHTY BIG THANKS" to Donley Harrington for his effort with the P/A system.I received several comments about how good the vocals were.Thanks again to "EVERYONE".

------------------
Roger Osbourn (President,Siloam Springs SGC)www.ourinternet.com/steelguitars
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

479-524-4240

[This message was edited by Roger Osbourn on 18 November 2004 at 01:09 PM.]

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 9:06 am    

Jerry and Austin had a great time at Siloam too. Thanks to the band members. Thanks Roger for having us. The cookies were GOOD too. Ray, I was wondering why you didn't sing. Always like to hear you. See everyone there again in Febuary. Donna
Ron Fredericksen

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 12:06 pm    

My regrets to anyone that didnt make the show, It was a great show and some of the best pickers in this part of the country. This was the 2nd show for my bride Linda and I and I can say we wont miss any more. Looking forward to the next show. Sorry we didnt get to hear Jerry Roller, He is always good to listen to, Sooper picker..
Ron
Lavelle Pierce

huntsvile,ar 72740
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 1:04 pm    

I want to thank everyone for coming out the show.Thanks for letting me try to play again.I'm a beginner but I am trying . Hah Thanks to every member of the SSSGC.I want to thank Virgil Pittman for helping me a lot.Thanks again everyone.Lavelle

[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 16 November 2004 at 06:43 AM.]

ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 5:23 pm    

Lavelle, just wanted to say that I'm proud of you for the way that you are coming along. Keep up the good work Buddy!
Ray
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 5:54 pm    

Hey Roger buddy,looks like ya all had a real good time over the weekend.Its funny you should mention me right up there with the President and all cause we had our fall jam and yearly meeting this past weekend as you did and I realy was voted in as President of our SWSGA.This was a great honor for me as it is each time you mention my name in one of your post my friend.God Bless you all.

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.
SWSGA www.swsteelguitar.com

Vance Monday

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 6:49 pm    

It sounds like a good time was had by all at the jam. I am sorry I had to miss it. We were in Wichita attending our grand daughter's wedding. We were thinking about everybody though as we drove back to Bella Vista Saturday night..Hope we can make the next one.. Vance and Lila
Lavelle Pierce

huntsvile,ar 72740
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 6:13 am    

Thanks Ray for the kind words. I work on it a lot. I don't remember a lot of things after I had the stroke. Some people don't know I lost all my memory about 8 years ago,so I had to learn everything over,thanks to my daugther, she is a theropist.God bless.

[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 16 November 2004 at 06:35 AM.]

Roger Osbourn

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 8:04 am    

Freddie;The SSSGC wishes to congratulate the SWSGA for making a wise choice,by voting you as their president.If I'd been there,I would have voted for you too.I miss you my friend.I'll see you down the road.

------------------
Roger Osbourn (President,Siloam Springs SGC)www.ourinternet.com/steelguitars
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

479-524-4240

[This message was edited by Roger Osbourn on 18 November 2004 at 01:07 PM.]

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 9:34 am    

I as well am sorry i missed the jamboree. Teresa and I were booked and couldn't get out of it. We will shoot for February and hope we get invited (hint hint hehehehehehe)

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Roger Osbourn

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 2:33 pm    

Hi there Scott and Teresa.I'll take a survey at our next club meeting on December 12th to see how many clubmembers wants a slot for the February Jamboree and if I have some slots available,I'll contact you in plenty of time.I have a host of players wanting to play.We might have to start alternating some of them.Roger

------------------
Roger Osbourn (President,Siloam Springs SGC)

479-524-4240 www.ourinternet.com/steelguitars