| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  John Hughey
Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2004 2:55 pm    

Will be performing at Jimmy Powell's fall steel guitar show, held at Callahan's Restraunt, in Blountstown Florida on saturday, October 30th. Jimmy powell, Larry Bullock, Dana Flood and others, (TBA) will also perform. Roy Rosetta will be laying down some fine keyboards for all to enjoy, along with one of the best backup bands around. Show starts at 10:00 A.M.and goes till evryone is tired of pickin'(9:00/10:00 P.M.). Don't miss this one!!!!

[This message was edited by Dana Wayne on 04 October 2004 at 07:57 PM.]

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2004 2:44 pm    

Dave Grothusen

Scott City, Ks
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2004 3:01 pm    

OK I don't want to get anyone excited here but is this the same Jimmy Powell that lived and worked in Wichita with the Wichtia Linemen? He also played steel on the "Best Little Whore House in Tx" I was under the impression that he was deceased.
Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 3:01 pm    

ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 5:45 pm    

Hi Dave, it is a different Jimmy Powell that we knew from Wichita. He passed away several years ago. I remember asking Scotty one year if he could get Jimmy Powell on and Lo & Behold, the next year he got to play on Scotty's convention. It was just a couple of years after that, that he passed away. By the way, I knew him when he played in Joplin with DeWayne Bowman who just happened to be our staff guitarist at our convention this past weekend. You need to come down to it next year. He was a good player and a good singer and did a heck of a job on M-M-M-Mel Tillis. Sure miss him. Ray Qualls
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 8:17 pm    

Jimmy died of liver cancer unfortunatly but was a great player and singer and did you know he was once salesman of the year for crysler in Kansas. Studdered so much you had to buy a car just to get him to quit talkin was what he always said. what a great guy i miss him.

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 4:43 am    

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 3:11 pm    

Finaly, a show that's close enoguth for me to drive too!!!!!!! I was planning to see John Hughey November 9th with the Timejumpers in Nashville, I guess I get to see him twice! I'll be there!!!

------------------
97' American-Fender-Tele-Bender-Blaster-Caster
Line 6 Amps
Jim Walker

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2004 4:08 am    

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2004 6:04 am    

Hughey will also be in Hot Springs, Ar. this weekend. He will be at Ronnie's Steel Show. I think Herbie Wallace, Russ Hicks, Hal Rugg, Randy Beavers are on the show also. I don't know if any have had to cancel or not. There will be some good Arkansas players there too. Donna
Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2004 11:39 am    

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2004 5:35 pm    

Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2004 9:45 am    

John Hughey had to cancel on the Oct 30 show at Blountstown due to knee surgery that needs to be done ASAP. Doug Jernigan will be there, also Roy Rosetta provided his surgery today goes as well as a couple weeks ago. PRAYERS FOR ROY AND JOHN!!!! Others confirmed at this time Are Dana Wayne, Larry Bullock and myself. Everybody come and watch ole Doug set fire to that Zum.
Jeff Sconyers

Coffee Springs, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2004 1:47 pm    

Mr. Powell,

I hate to hear that Mr. Hughey want be able to make it. However, I am really looking forward to seeing Mr. Jernigan. I have talked to him in the past about attending his lessons for a couple of days and this show will be a great opportunity to talk a bit more about that with him. However, I am looking forward to sitting down and picking some tommorrow night with you. Maybe I can grasp some of those smooth licks you pull out of the hat.
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2004 1:38 pm    

I just returnd home from the hospital a few hours ago and all went well. Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes and Barbara and I are looking forward to being in Blountstown with Jimmy Powell and all the great group of guys in his awesome band at the Callahan.
We're looking forward to working with Doug Jernigan as always. What a master musician.
Warmest regards,
....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2004 3:09 pm    

Hey Roy and Barbara, Good to hear your home and ok. Can`t wait till next weekend. See you then. Be careful on the road. Powell
Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2004 6:23 pm    

... this saturday, don't miss it!
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 12:56 pm    

Hi Danna, been looking for you at the Jam in Fl. guess we will have to bring a carload to bluntstown, Have not seen you since Dothan. Looking forward to some great picking, I know what larry can do he played he with us at Quitman. See you there.

ernie
Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2004 2:28 pm    

Larry Moore is coming down from Georga to join in on the pickin' this Saturday. Ernie, sorry i haven't been able to get down to the Jam, my scheduale has been crazy. lookin' forward to seein'you at the show, Dana
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2004 7:59 pm    

Hey Dana, Jimmy, Roy.....and the rest of you great pickers.....wish I could be in tweo places at once.....but I can't.....will, however, be thinking of you and wishing I was gonna be there, too....The band I play in, "Philadelpheia", will be heading for Music City USA to be playing at the Christian Country Music Convention.....We're looking forward to this. Our second release charted at # 63 on the Christian Country Charts....this is very exciting to us......Have a great time with Doug J.....take care.....HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.

Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2004 8:51 pm    

Dana,
I see you some time Friday Night or Sat Morning.
Looking forward to a good time with you Jimmy P., Larry B.,Jimmy M. and all the guy down there
Larry
Ronnie Miley

Hendersonville
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2004 9:13 pm    

Hello Hal, Great to hear about your band doing so well.What are the dates that you will be in nashville ,maybe I could come and listen to the band.I moved to nashville in june,and loving every minute of it. Such great players in this town. Thanks RPM.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2004 7:10 pm    

Ronnie....will be in Nashville for Christian Country Convention on Monday Nov. 1.....we're showcasing on Tuesday Evening (I think around 6:00PM) Would love to see ya......and thanks......HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.