| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Morrell steel.
Tracy Sheehan

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2009 10:30 am    

I tried to post this on pedal steel but it would not post.I bought an 8 string Morrell steel from the factory,Not B.Seymour.I wasted a stamp sending in the warranty card.It has a defective pickup.I called and only got double talk.Suppose they thought i came down with yesterdays rain.Tracy
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2009 2:03 pm     Morrell Steel

Hang with them Tracy, make them make it right. Posting here letting others know what kind of company they are might help.
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2009 4:35 pm     morrell lap steel

Welcome to the club Tracy. I bought 3 of their 8 string lipstick pups to use in some of my lapsteels. Not one of the three will pickup all 8 strings equally. Big Ripoff. Andy H.
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2009 12:15 pm    

Sorry that you are having trouble with the Morrell people. That is not the behavior I would expect from a U.S. based instrument manufacturer. I have been looking at their 8 string laps and thinking about purchasing one.... but now I may rethink this purchase and see what else I can find in an 8 string. Maybe we can get this moved over to "Steel without Pedals" so that others will see it.
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2009 12:34 pm    

I would highly recomend a Dynalap made by Mark Vinbury. He made one for me that is shaped like the Morrell little Roy Wigens model. It's far better in many ways. The bridge, the nut and most of all He uses Wallace True Tone pick-ups. I'm very happy with it and he's good to deal with. Tommy Auldridge....
Mike Harris

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2009 6:08 pm    

I second everything Tommy said about the Dynalap. It's a nice little instrument, smartly designed, and yes, Mark is responsive and helpful.
Dwight Lewis

Huntsville, Alabama
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2009 9:57 am     Morrell Pickup problem (Lipstick)

Anybody found a fix for that lipstick pup not picking up that last string?

ijaash@yahoo.com

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2009 12:01 pm     8 String Morrell

Tracy,
As, I Posted on Bobbe's Thread, If You Decide To Donate That Morrell To A Disabled Vet, Instead of Takeing It To The Dump, (Or Hopes Someone Steal's It) Please, Let Me Know! Laughing Laughing , Again I Do Hope The Morrell Company Honors Their Warranty, and Fixes The Problem For You!, Take Care, Good Luck, God Bless, "Keep On Steelin" From The Land Of OZ - Howie Whoa!
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2009 6:47 pm     8 string Morrell

Yeah Dwight; Wrap in walmart plastic bag after replacing with a good pup & deposit in trash can. Might work in a six string. that's even questionable. IMO. Andy H.