| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MA: Steel Show, Oct 17, 2004
Cory Dolinsky

Old Saybrook, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 3:25 pm    

ill be there, does anybody have a walker stereo steel amp that is playing there , im dyin to here one. i hear jerry has one maybe he will bring it.

Bob Allen

Apache Jct, AZ, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 5:55 am    

Hi Cory, I,ll be there at Caruso's show and I use a Walker system. it's the greatest.Bob Allen.
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2004 12:23 pm    

Three days to go. All you forumites come and introduce yourselves to Frank and I. I'll be playing Bass for most of the day.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2004 5:23 pm    

Hey Bob Allen your E-mail address must be wrong i tryed to E-Mail you and it would not go. Any way My Sister in law and Brother in law live in Fort Mohave and the met Bill Bailey and they go to listen to bill play all the time.They have two Classic Cars.
Sam White
Charlie Fitzsimmons

Ledyard, Connecticutt, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2004 5:47 am    

I'm brand new to the forum, I plan on attending. See you on Sunday. I hope to learn a lot.
Mark Vinbury

N. Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2004 12:41 pm    

I'm new to the forum and steel guitar.Looking forward to attending.
Rob Hamilton

Acton, MA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2004 4:40 pm    

Frank, you put on a great show -- a good time, good people, and great music. Thank you truly. I was the lucky winner of the raffle prize -- a beautiful red, white and blue afghan, knitted by Frank's sister Helen. It will certainly get some good use here, helping me and my family keep warm this winter.

I enjoyed meeting and talking with many of the folks there -- Frank, Chris, Helen, Tommy Cass, Dana Flood, Mike Ihde, Tony Palmer, Jim Rice, and Charlie Fitzsimmons, to name a few. Thanks again, and I hope to see everyone at next year's show.

--Rob Hamilton

------------------
Sho-Bud Pro-I, '62 Fender Vibrolux

[This message was edited by Rob Hamilton on 17 October 2004 at 05:42 PM.]

Ben Carneval

North Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 12:12 am    

Hi Frank, your steel convention show was great this year. I could only stay long enough to hear Chris sing and play bass (always enjoy his fine work), Doug Beaumier (always great), and Dana Flood with Tom Harris (what a treat). Sorry that I had to miss the rest of the talent.

It was nice to see Tom Cass, Manny and Elaine, and so many others.

I look forward to your convention each year. Thank you for doing a wonderful job.
Charlie Fitzsimmons

Ledyard, Connecticutt, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 4:47 am    

I had a good time listening to all the players, it was a really great event, I'm glad I went. A little bit of a ride, but I listened to a Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant CD, and a little football on the radio.

Rob, I got your have your card, but there's no email address on it, so I'll post the links to the sites we talked about here.
This is the link to the HotRod page http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the mods he suggests. I'm thinking of putting mine on the bench, now that I got my new amp, which I did manage to fix. I pulled the chassis, and before packing and shipping it I did a quick check for a cold solder joint on the switch and cap, I did find one, resoldered it, and it's all better. Here's a link to the site http://www.valvetechamps.com/

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 6:51 am    

As always , i had a "great" time at Frankie's show. So good to see all my new england friends. I must say, it was a real pleasue having my good friend Tom Harris(on Bass),and Mike Idhe(on guitar), accompany me , for my set. Both, truly gifted players, and certainly made my job easier. the New England states have so many fine steel players, it's good to see the instrument being well supported. Frankie, thanks for having me, see you next year, Dana Flood
Robert Porri

Windsor, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 1:53 pm    

Frank, thanks from me too for a great time. Nice meeting you. You had some great players there. I was very impressed with your own playing by the way.

Thanks again,

Bob Porri
Bill Schmidt

Queen Creek Az, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 2:15 pm    

Hey Bob Allen just wanted to say hi I used to live in AJ
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 4:17 pm    

Great Show Frank and maybe i will be able to sit up there and shine a little next year.i had a great time and I have to admit I stold a few licks from most of you guys. It was nice to see Manny Escobar and I do have to say he done a great job on the words he put in Masion on the hill for our good freind John Jiacovelli it almost brought tears to my eyes i sure miss that little guy. Tom Cass,Danna Flood,Doug Beaumier,Sam Gibson,George Wixon,my freind and neighbor Merle Record,Bob Allen & his Bride,Chris, and of course you Frank. you even played the song John Jiacovelli always had you play for him.
Sam White
Frank Caruso

West Newton, Ma USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 5:18 pm    

I want to thank all the performers that attended the show yesterday.Everyone had a great time.Thanks to Tony Palmer for doing all the emcee chores for the day. Performances by:
George Wixon
Merle Record
Doug Beaumier
Dana Flood
Mike Ihde
Sam Gibson
Bob Allen and his lovely wife on vocals
Tommy Cass
Ron Contros
Manny Escobar
Ed Cunningham
Elaine Ellis
Tom Harris
George Ede
Dick Silva
Chris Caruso
Paul Morin
were enjoyed by everyone in attendance. The feed back has been fantastic and inquires for next years show have already started.
Thanks to everyone for making this another good steel show.

Bob Allen

Apache Jct, AZ, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2004 8:55 am    

I too would like to thank Frankie and all that was responsible for making that steel show a success.And I met bunch of nice poepleand steelers and I want to thank Frankie for the invite.I hope to be their again next year.Bob Allen.
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2004 4:27 pm    

Frank, Congratulations for a great show. It`s nice to see you back performing last year and again this year, even though your motorcycle accident had you sidelined two years ago.
Nov.28 (1-6), Tony Palmer will be conducting an election of officers meeting, followed by a fun jam at a place to be announced later. Come join the organization. It`s one big happy family.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2004 3:59 pm    

Manny Escobar that was a great thing you done with Masion On The Hill.That was very nice of you to think of John Jiacovelli and make up your own words for the song in remembance of our great little freind John. Elaine that was a great song you sang and it was the best I ever heard you sing great job both of you.
Sam White
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 5:41 am    

Looks like it was one of the best shows. I had set everything up to be there even talked my daughter into letting me drive her up a week early. Sunday all my kids set up a surprise get together and they wound up all being there when I got back from the store and calling Frank to tell him I was coming...I know Frank put himself out setting up some nice slots for me to sing with old friends..It was the first time all my kids were together with their families since their mom died 10/31/90.Frankie put on another great show and all my children made me a proud father once again. This all probably would not have happened if Frankie did not have his show last week.

------------------
Smiley 15-4 Crank&pull pro model

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 5:44 am    

Joe, you of course made the right decision; moments like those are precious.