| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank You To Mike Headrick
Chuck Huffman

Sonora, California, Now Living in Siloam Springs, Ar. USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2009 4:38 am    

I wanted to take a moment to thank a very special person for his kindness and friendship. Mike, is just an outstanding individual to start with and over time through his music I've come to know him and comunicated through the web.

At this years convention in St. Louis my wife and I were able to meet Mike in person. As I suspected, Mike is very humble and does not like the light cast on him. I want to say thank you Mike Headrick for helping this newbie out and for treating me like I've been playing the steel for years. Your encouragement has been a blessing many times over. You have become a dear friend and mentor..

I met many others at this years steel convention and was very impressed by the kindness of all the musicians and willingness to spend time to explain tips on the learing process. They have been a great inspiration to my learning the Pedal Steel Guitar.

To you Mike, again, I say from the heart thanks so much, your music is what started my desire to play the steel and with every cd you make, I want to learn even more!!!!

Thanks Buddy

Last edited by Chuck Huffman on 21 Sep 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Palmer

East Wenatchee, WA USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2009 11:12 pm    

Amen!
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 7:38 am    

Mike is a special person, truly!
Larry Petree

Bakersfield. Ca. USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 7:46 am     Mike

Mike also has some great CD's available. Thanks Mike for making them available to us in the steel community.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 10:20 am    

Mike is possibly the most under-rated steel player out there, because he plays few live shows. But his recordings amply demonstrate that he is a tremendous player of all styles of music. Everything he plays and produces is utterly top-shelf. I have had the privilege of listening to his tribute CD to John Hughey, which has him playing together with John and, I gotta tell ya, I usually can't tell which player is which. Not to detract a bit from John's unique legacy, but Mike is clearly of the caliber to go head-to-head with John Hughey... and that says a lot.
Chuck Huffman

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2009 6:25 pm    

Jim Cohen wrote:
Mike is possibly the most under-rated steel player out there, because he plays few live shows. But his recordings amply demonstrate that he is a tremendous player of all styles of music. Everything he plays and produces is utterly top-shelf. I have had the privilege of listening to his tribute CD to John Hughey, which has him playing together with John and, I gotta tell ya, I usually can't tell which player is which. Not to detract a bit from John's unique legacy, but Mike is clearly of the caliber to go head-to-head with John Hughey... and that says a lot.
I agree 100 percent!!!! Mike is a true musician and can play the fire out of several instruments. He continues to blow me awawy with his gifted talent. Mostly, I'd say he is down to earth and has just such a love for so many types, (Themes), of music.

I think It's time for mike to really get the recognition he deserves as an extreemly top knotch steel player.

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2009 6:31 pm    

Its all true! There goes your reputation, Mike.
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2009 9:20 pm    

Mike is an excellent musician and a man who knows his way around the recording studio. The only thing better than his music skills, is his personality. He's a Great guy, that I am proud to know and be associated with.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
James Martin (U.K.)

Watford, Herts, United Kingdom * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2009 2:21 am    

Mike was the guy who made me re-think my tone and overhaul sound. Excellent player and yes, much underated.
Chuck Huffman

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2009 5:55 pm    

Mike also has a very extensive collection of recording projects that are for sale on his website,
Mikeheadrick.com
He offers many items for the intermediate learner complete with tracks and tab. All his tracks are top knotch with a five piece band and great instruction on how to master the song your learning. Check Mike's site you'll be glad you stopped by.

Chuck

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2009 8:20 pm    

I've been listening to JOHN and MIKE'S new cd its truly a work of art for both player's keep up the great work my friend. LOVED IT
DennyFast

Springfield, Tn. USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2009 5:22 am     Great Playin'

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2009 3:23 am    

Jim Cohen wrote:

Mike is truly a class act in every sense of the words! He is indeed a huge asset to the steel guitar community, and to all who have ever had the honor and pleasure of knowing him. Mike's recordings are truly a pleasure to listen to. Buy just one on them, and I guarantee you'll want everything he's ever done! Few CD's fit the bill of "it's all good". Mike's definately does!
Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2009 11:12 am    

My, my! The things that go on behind a person's back!

I'm humbled by the kind words from all you guys, and my respect for each of you who have added your reply to this thread has no bounds. Thanks so much! By the way, I didn't think it was possible to under rate me.

Chuck, you and Theresa are two of the nicest folks in the world! Thanks for feeling the way you do and for expressing it as you have.

My deepest regards to you all.

Mike H
Chuck Huffman

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 6:08 pm    

Mike Headrick wrote:
My, my! The things that go on behind a person's back!

I'm humbled by the kind words from all you guys, and my respect for each of you who have added your reply to this thread has no bounds. Thanks so much! By the way, I didn't think it was possible to under rate me.

Chuck, you and Theresa are two of the nicest folks in the world! Thanks for feeling the way you do and for expressing it as you have.

My deepest regards to you all.

Mike H
Right back at ya Mike, and I look forward to seeing you and having another great visit!!!
Your Pal
Chuck

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 8:17 am    

The first time I met Mike was at the Chattanooga show several years ago. Mike was playing guitar in the staff band. I came on after a gentleman that played everything on the C6 neck. As I was getting set up, Mike told me, "I'll give you a dollar if you don't play anything on the C neck!". I din't, and he paid up! I've been blessed to have had the honor of calling him my friend since that first meeting.
Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 12:30 pm     Mike's tribute CD to John Hughey

Mike, I just received and listened to your new tribute CD to John Hughey this morning. How was it? Lets just say I set the CD deck in my truck to "repeat" and I don't plan to touch it all next week - at least! Now I can't wait to drive back and forth between home and the laboratories.
A truly wonderful combination of talents.
For all of us, Thank you for doing it.
Dave