| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1976 MSA D-10 Classic 8/4 SOLD PLEASE REMOVE
Mikey Phillips

Conroe,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2009 5:17 pm    

Thanks to all those that had interest in this guitar. It now has a GOOD home to a new friend. Thanks Jeff

Very Happy

Last edited by Mikey Phillips on 26 Sep 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2009 6:27 pm    

That's a lot of guitar for not much money! Case looks like new... This guitar was never abused.
Mikey Phillips

Conroe,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2009 5:59 am    

Actually this guitar was originally sent to Peavey Musical Instruments when it left the factory. MSA and Peavey were supposedly going to do a joint venture featuring the steelguitar amps at the time but never came to pass according to "Reece's" e-mail he sent me. This guitar had been under the bed for a long after the owner had died and it had been handed down according to what I was told. "Reece" still pretty much has records of all his MSA's I'm told. He is great guy and great steelguitar builder. I still play a 1977 MSA Classic I bought new.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2009 11:47 am    

beautiful steel and a great deal!

this makes a good case for how overpriced most 'entry level' single neck steels are.
Mikey Phillips

Conroe,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2009 12:11 pm    

Thanks Chris for those kind words. I bought this for a guy to teach him to play and he decided he didn't have that much time to invest. You should see my MSA after 32 years, my pedals are worn, especially the first two, and it just keeps going and going... My case is a different story, it kind of resembles Willie's guitar, looks like the dickens but still works!
Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2009 3:52 pm    

My first guitar was an MSA Semi-Classic. I played it for 20 years. When I sold it, the A & B pedals had the tread mostly worn off, but the guitar was rock solid and played like the day it was new. This is a great deal on a used guitar!
Mikey Phillips

Conroe,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2009 3:59 am    

Thanks Larry, A lot of people are always trading up for a new gutiar trying to find something that they think is better but you just can't beat the dependabilty of the MSA's. I know they have improved on some things but mine has proven after 32 years that it still plays as easy as it did the day I got it. That is not to say it doesn't have wear, I guess it's like an old shoe, "IT JUST FEELS BETTER" with time.