| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Alvarez-Yairi DY-73 SUPERB FLAT-TOP! --- GUITAR'S BEEN SOLD!
Stephen Strachan

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2009 1:55 pm    

One of the better playing and sounding acoustics I've had the pleasure to play. For those of you familiar with Yairi guitars, this one's a very pleasant surprise, really.

This model was hand-made by Kazuo Yairi himself in early 1982. It is a commemorative model celebrating the 60th Anniversary of St. Louis Music; a brass plate on the back of the headstock bears a second serial number for this run specifically. It also has Kazuo Yairi's signature on a sticker in the body, as well as another signed sticker showing St. Louis Music's initial setup date of April, 1982.

This guitar is exquisite. Yairi guitars (especially those made by Kazuo) are renowned for their material and workmanship, and this limited run commemorative model is a shining example of that! The top is solid "Distressed Spruce" with more character than any other Spruce-topped guitar I've seen, and the Mahogany sides and back are practically 3D...the grain actually appears to move on its own. Neck is solid Mahogany with a bound Ebony fingerboard. The octagonal closed back tuners are gold-plated. The top is finished in a 12-ply binding with Mother-of-Pearl, and the decorative rosettes are (17-20 ply, depending upon how many concentric rings you count!) The guitar is finished in a "vintage violin amber", for want of a better description. More detailed photos can be made available upon request.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the only issue to point out is that the pickguard is slightly lifted due to shrinkage...it's 27 years old. Price is SOLD plus shipping, together with the original hard case.

Last edited by Stephen Strachan on 22 Sep 2009 6:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2009 7:48 pm    

I make it a point to never make a comment about the price of an insturment but in my mind that beauty is worth at least 3 times the asking price..There's only one reason that I'm not jumping on it.Busted..I've played those Yairis and have never played anything better..Droolin all over my keyboard.. Smile
Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2009 10:31 am    

That's about the best deal on an acoustic i have ever seen!
Buck Dilly

Branchville, NJ, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 3:26 am     Alvarez

These are incredible guitars. If you cant afford a 27 year old Martin this is very similar in sound and quality.
Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 5:33 am    

Please someone buy this. I get sick of looking at it and not being able to buy it Sad
Judging from the Yairi's i have played I am pretty sure it has got the sound and feel to match the looks and more!
Stephen Strachan

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 7:51 am     PRICE-DROP, just for spite!

C'mon, you guys love this guitar so much? Drooling ain't making it go away, now, is it? So, drop the price $50. Feel better?
Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 8:06 am    

No, worse! Oh Well
Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 11:26 am    

OK I'll buy it IF i can pay $100 down and the rest when my brother gets straightened out.. Smile
Kevin Robbins

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2009 1:18 pm     Sent pm

Sent pm 09/06-09

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2009 7:07 am     Guitar's been sold.

I'm actually kinda bummed...great guitar!