| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Disappearing BIAB
Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 10:02 am    

I have had Band in a Box 2008 on my computer for at least 8 months and all of a sudden it disappeared. I thought it must be my computer so I reloaded it and it worked fine. then a couple of days later it did it again. I got fed up with it so I decided to start from scratch. I formatted the hard drive reloaded with XP yesterday and added BIAB then this afternoon it did it again. The only trace of it is the shortcut on Desktop. If I click that it starts searching for the programme, obviously without trace. Can anyone help please. I have no Idea what is wrong.
Cheers Shakey.
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 10:51 am    

Are you legally licensed to install that program on that computer? Some companies will delete unauthorized installations of their software when the programs or the users check for updates.

Otherwise, if you have the rights to install it on that PC, maybe your anti-virus/security program thinks there is something wrong with it. It could be a false positive deletion. What security programs are installed and run on that PC?
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 1:18 pm    

Thanks Wiz I think you are probbly right, I was using ESET security and the licence run out so I changed to AVG free, I guess I'll have to check through it.
Cheers Shakey.
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 1:29 pm    

Dave Seddon wrote:
Thanks Wiz I think you are probbly right, I was using ESET security and the licence run out so I changed to AVG free, I guess I'll have to check through it.
Cheers Shakey.

I stopped using AVG Free after it quarantined some legitimate Windows system files and I had to do a repair reinstallation (before I bought Acronis True Image).

Was there any particular technical or performance reason you chose to not renew your Eset Security subscription? Inquiring minds want to know.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 9:48 pm    

Wiz, simply current finances.
Cheers. Dave.