| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TablEdit font problem: tef260.ttf error box
Mark Treepaz

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 6:03 am    

Due to some upgrades to my computer, I had to re-install Tabledit. However, now when I go to open it, I get this error box saying that it can't find the file for the tef260 font:

It's obviously not loading it's font. When I open Tabledit, the characters on the sheet are all wrong, as if it's using "WingDings" as it's font, or something similar to that.

I went to the Tabledit website and downloaded the latest tef265.ttf font file, but that didn't help.

I seem to recall having this problem before. However, that was a while ago, and I can't remember what the fix was?

Can anyone help me out here?

BTW: I have the full, purchased version 2.65

Thanks!

Mora, Dalecarlia, Sweden
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 8:57 am    

Just a stupid question

Did you install the font?

// Anders

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 9:40 am    

Anders Eriksson wrote:
Just a stupid question

Did you install the font?

// Anders

Yep. Here it is installed in my FONTS folder:

The font "tef260" is what is supposed to be installed when the software is initially installed. It seems to be loading the font name, but the font file must be corrupted because when I go to the files "properties" I get an error box.

The file "tef265" is the latest file that I've down loaded from the Tabledit website. But my version of Tabledit must not recognize it.

Mora, Dalecarlia, Sweden
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 10:38 am    

What happens if you remove the old "tef260" font?

// Anders

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 10:54 am    

I tried that too, but the result was the same.

I've since uninstalled the software from my computer. I then proceeded to Tabledit's Registered User page with the intent of downloading the most recent version of the full version. However, the site tells me that page no longer exists. Rolling Eyes

This is the reason I personally have never cared much for downloadable software. I'd much rather have the actual manufacturers install disk in hand.

Mora, Dalecarlia, Sweden
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 11:11 am    

I'm guessing that the download link you got when purchasing the software was a temporary link that just works for a short while. This so that you can't share the link with you friends Winking

I suggest that you contact TablEdit support and get the latest version. They should have your information on file so they know your a licensed customer.

Hope you will get it to work!

// Anders

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 11:16 am    

That's what I intend to do next. I'll post the result just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Thanks.

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2009 3:31 pm    

When I re-tried later on, I managed to access the Registered Users page, where I downloaded the latest update of the software. Everything is working fine now!

Now, if I can only remember how to setup the knee levers for the tab.... Rolling Eyes