| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Southern Steel Guitar Convention Website Changes
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2009 5:22 am    

Southern Steel Guitar Convention Website Changes in Management

Here Comes Hurricane Danny! Very Happy

Brother Danny Hammers has graciously agreed to take over management of the Southern Steel Guitar Convention Website. Danny has created some very impressive websites for Joe Turner, Lynn Owsley and many other Steel Guitar Organizations.

This was at my request and recommendations to Brother Jerry Reece as I want to scale down due to age, health and financial considerations.

I welcome and anticipate a new and fresh approach to the Saluda Website. Brother Danny will bring new life and interest in the site. Brother Danny and I have been in contact with each other and he is welcome to any of my files that I have created to modify and use in any way he chooses. We are in Full cooperation with each other as promotion of the Southern Steel Guitar Convention is foremost to all concerned. We are Masonic Brothers and this will be accomplished as only Master Masons can do it.

This will occur sometime between the end of the International Steel Guitar Convention and November when My Hosting contract is up for renewal. The Website will be moved to another URL of Brother Danny's Choosing.

Thank You All for your interest in the Southern Steel Guitar Convention in the past and Please Continue to support this Terrific Show.

John

Last edited by John Floyd on 28 Aug 2009 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2009 6:49 am    

John,First of all someone should point out the masterful job you have done to support this great Shrine fund raiser..I for one know where your heart is and what the show truly meant and still means to you..I remember how you scrambled to get your car running and held together, perhaps with bailing wire to make that almost 11 hundred mile round trip and if memory serves me you had some health issues..(suffering from that Italian disease (mahfunzalo) Laughing ..I know what our departed brothers who ran the show at one time meant to you as well as the shows continuence..I feel grateful for your friendship and the chance to know there is more than just one side to you..A very serious side to ballance all that toungue and cheek humor you display a lot on this Forum..I know the show can't lose with another serious brother taking over the web site..Great Job John,and best of luck to Danny...
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2009 11:16 am    

Thanks Joe Very Happy
I would like to point out that we have Continuity in Brother Jerry Reece and Brother David Christmas carrying on the tradition of the Southern Steel Guitar Convention.
Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2009 4:19 am    

I don't know about a hurricane, I try hard to stay away from them living in Florida.

Well Bro. John, I will try to carry the torch but your a hard act to fellow.
I will be announcing the URL today (Sat.) but I'm still posting to the site, but Sat. done or not
Went it comes online, we need as many hits as we can get to move it up the search eng. ladder.
Went I see a new site come up from the Forum, I always make sure to visit it. It's more help that you can imagine

Thanks Bro. John for all of you years of service
Danny
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2009 5:47 am     LQQK______ Southern Steel Guitar Convention______New Website

Get out your "Jumper Cables", We need a jump start.

As I said in the past, The best way to get a new Web Site up and running is to give it a lot of hits.

This helps the site move up the Search Engine ladder, along with having the URL on many other web sites as possible. "Links"

The new web site for the Southern Steel Guitar Convention is:

www.SouthernSteelConvention.com

Thanks So Much For Yor Help
Danny
PS: I will be add stuff to it all day. so come back often
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2009 2:32 pm    

Bro Danny
Thanks For Putting Your Shoulder to the plow and taking on the website, I knew it was going to be great, but its really spectacular. The Southern Steel Guitar Convention is the clear winner in this change.

The old Site will remain up for a few days with a prominent front page link to the New one.

John