| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Wiz Feinberg or Anyone Else
Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 7:03 am    

I sent my brother an e-mail a while back and now everytime I send an e-mail I get 50+ copies of the one I sent him in my trash folder. I'll delete them but the next time I send anyone an email I'll get 50+ more copies of the one I sent my brother.Once again I'll delete them. This happens no matter who I email, they are not showing up on the mail I send them just in my trash folder. Virus check shows everything ok. Any ideas.
Thanks
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 7:12 am    

What program are you using for e-mail? Outlook Express or some other program.
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 12:30 pm     Correct way to request technical assistance

A better way to request technical assistance is to list the following items:

1. Operating System and Service Pack level
  2. CPU speed and amount of installed RAM
  3. Brand and version of anti (virus/spyware/malware) installed and whether it is fully up to date.
  4. Affected program (e.g. desktop email client, or browser based email) and version number
  5. When this bad behavior was first noticed
  6. Steps you have already take to try to fix the problem (e.g. System Restore, malware scans, Last Known Good Configuration)
  7. Other software or hardware that is acting strangely
  8. Type of Internet connection (dial-up, dsl, cable, satellite, wireless broadband)

Have you gone over all available settings in your email client's accounts to see if you have configured an option to keep copies of messages on the mail server? If you have, uncheck that option.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Don Kuhn

Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 2:28 pm    

I'm using Yahoo email and (IE7 I think) I know it's not the latest verision of IE, 3gb hd and 3gb memory
Don Kuhn

Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 2:35 pm     Avg

I'm using AVG haven't done the system restore,,wirless broadband other than deleting the messages I haven't done anything didn't know where to begin.
Thanks Guys
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 9:20 pm    

Try switching the view on Yahoo Mail. If you are using Classic View - switch to the new look, or vise-versa. Clear out your Cache/Temporary Internet Files. Go over all options to see if messages are being left as unread on the email server.

If you are using a Yahoo or Google toolbar, check to see if there is a newer version available and install it in all installed browsers, restarting them to finish the updating. They release frequent updates to these toolbars, responding to vulnerabilities, or to stay compatible with Windows/Internet Explorer updates.

Make sure you have the current version of Internet Explorer and Firefox. New toolbars may no longer work on older browsers, due to security enhancements. Make sure all browser add-ons/plug-ins are fully up-to-date, secure versions.

If you use Firefox, install the NoScript add-on for your security, allowing only trusted websites to run JavaScript, or display iframe content.

Download, install, update and scan your PC with MalwareBytes AntiMalware. If it finds any major threats you may have to take the fight into Safe Mode.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
John Cipriano

San Francisco
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2009 9:07 pm    

I have seen this happen with GMail over IMAP, if you store drafts on the server.

I would check your Drafts folder and also make sure you are clearing the trash properly.