| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hey Steelers, Now Whaduya think about KYLE BUSCH
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 9:14 pm    

Did you see what Nascar's Kyle Busch did to that brand new Gibson Les Paul he won as a Trophy after saturday's race in Nashville. He busted it up on the pavement in victory lane. Mad I don't know about you all, but it severely pissed me off! The people at Gibson Guitar Company in Nashville weren't very happy about it either. I just hate seeing a beautiful muscical instrument like this abused. Kyle Busch is a arrogant S.O.B. and needs to be hung on the public square! Devil

CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT HE DID:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Kyle-Busch-accepts-lovely-guitar-trophy-then-sm?urn=nascar,168533&extpar=fromm

this saga kinda reminds you of the '65 Emmons Wraparound that someone made into a coaster wagon for their kid. . . . Mad

Nick
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 10:32 pm    

Maybe he's a big fan of Mr. Yearwood and thought that was the right thing to do. To be honest I'm not a race fan,Don't even know who the guy is,If it were not for Goody Powders would'nt Know who Richard Petty is. Don't take much to entertain this ole redneck,But watching a bunch of guys making left turns at 200 plus miles an hour for two hours is'nt it,But anyway this guy seems to be a spoiled jerk. DYK?BC.

Last edited by Charles Davidson on 8 Jun 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 10:45 pm    

Man , i hated for him to do that. He wanted to give the crew a piece of the guitar for their effort in the victory. He could've sold it(guitar) and give them a few dollars instead. Whoa!

Skip
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 11:42 pm    

May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest his crotch and armpits. Jody.
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 2:59 am    

And Jody, I also hope a million Florida fire-ants get on him and eat away at his skin!

Nick
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 3:40 am    

Maybe he is a Fender guy ?

I dunno, someone hands him a trophy , perhaps a one of a kind, maybe only a few like it in the world, and he smashes it, that doesn't say much about what he learned from 2nd grade on.

Only in America, we are free to be whatever we want to be, even when the camera is on us !

Maybe Gibson will rethink handing out prizes like this which obviously mean nothing to the recipient.
Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 3:53 am    

Garth Brooks smashed quite a few seen on TV networks
world wide. Not sure if anyone took offence to
that?
Also, did not Hendrix burn one on stage?

Draws attention and makes for publicity whether
good or bad perhaps?
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 4:08 am    

Were they trophies for a winning performance handed to them from a 3rd party , an award that represents the region, or were they part of a show where the Instruments were purchased and used as part of the performance ?
John Hopkin

Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 4:51 am     ...and from NASCAR you expected...what???...

...i think this is what they mean by "casting pearls before swine.."...

Mullen RP, MSA, Sho-Bud Pro II, Yamaha keyboards, MalletKat vibes
Dave Ristrim

Whites Creek, TN
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 4:53 am    

Steel players and their music. Hmmm?
John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 4:55 am    

One time I destroyed all of my guitars and amps because my wife took advice from her daughter one time and was gonna kick me out of the house and I didn't have anywhere to take my guitars so I busted all of em up to keep them from selling them to buy drugs.
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 4:58 am    

I used to love NASCAR racing.Now that the organization is so politically correct,I no longer have any use for it.Kyle Busch was always a punk in my book.If he didn't want the guitar, at least he could have given it some one who would appreciate it.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 5:02 am    

When is smashing any instrument a "smart" thing to do, whether it's a trophy or someone's axe?

But, that's the mentality of a lot of the younger generation from seeing their "heroes" do it on stage.

I still watch NASCAR but it's been dumbed down to the point it gets boring. Do they think we are dumb enough to believe the racing machines are actually Ford's or Chevy's or whatever brand?
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 5:40 am    

This is why NASCAR is losing fans.
Ronnie Boettcher

Brunswick Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 6:19 am    

As a owner/driver of a ARCA car in the 60's, we had pride in everything sponsors, and tracks offered us. Now with big money and all that hoopla, and hype, it is disgusting what they try to shove down our throats. I don't think any of the drivers today care about anything except money for me. I know from building a car for the track, you have to stray from the parts that make up the everyday car for driving on the highways, but the cars have no resemblance to the make and model, of the brands they sell to the public. Stock? BS. You would have never seen some top drivers of yesteryear degrade a trophy, the way this punk did. I still respect drivers like David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, Buddy Baker, and many more. Just no class in it anymore. Nascar is like all the other major sports, a family cannot go to a sports race, or game without cleaning out their savings account.

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 6:56 am    

Hopefully the next one will go to someone that will respect what it stands for..
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 7:25 am    

I take offence what Mr. Yearwood did and ANY other [artist ?] that does it,Just think of a lot of poor kids that can't even afford a walmart guitar that would have LOVED to have these instruments, Nothing funny about it. I do know that some of the old rock and rollers would switch guitars at the end of their show from the vintage guitars they played to a CHEAP pawnshop piece of crap to trash on stage, DYK?BC.

Charlottesville, VA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 7:35 am    

Not much of a Nascar fan but I am a long time auto racing fan (and particpant) and I do keep up with what is going on in all forms of racing. Kyle Busch is a bit of a punk but he also is one of the top five drivers in that series these days. His success on the track and antics off of it always bring in more press for the sport and guess what it worked because here we are talking about it on a music forum!!
I think he issued a statement afterwards saying he had asked Gibson if it was alright and he bought two more of those guitars and wanted to cut up the trophy and give signed pieces to his crew---I think that 90% BS and 10% damage control. I never understood what the trashing the instrument thing was supposed to prove back when the Who did it and they were muscians!! This guy is a very talented racer but probably couldn't play a lick if his life depended on it so you can't expect him to know how trashing that axe would affect people.
I always thought the image of some racer holding a guitar in the air after winning a race was pretty weird anyway.
Is it worth noting that he had to flail that thing against the pavement several times to get it to start breaking up and the neck never broke off?? Maybe Gibson can use that in an add?
Matthew Prouty

Warsaw, Poland
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 7:45 am    

This is why I watch Indy Car.

m.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 7:48 am    

What can you say? Stupid rock stars started that crap to get attention. Stupid kids fell for it as "entertainment". Stupid kids became stupid adults (today), who say "I was there, it was an awesome concert (or car race) - he busted up a guitar".

Ya' cain't fix stupid. Laughing
Dan Galysh

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 8:36 am    

Despicable.
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 10:10 am    

Well, this was pretty shocking, since it was a custom designed limited edition. But in most other cases it's just using up a stage prop in a multi-million dollar entertainment industry. It's no different than Hollywood movie makers smashing up cars and expensive sets. It shocks us because we are musicians who struggle to afford what to us is expensive gear. But to them it's just using up props according to plan, a cost of doing business.
kyle reid

Butte,Mt.usa
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 10:22 am     Nascar

Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 10:24 am    

If anything, it shows blatant disrespect for the artist who painted the body. He obviously invested a lot of time and effort into his work, and the act of smashing the guitar just doesn't seem right (even though the artist was no doubt handsomely paid). I'm sure Gibson got their money's worth by just having the guitar on television, but the artist must have felt really bad seeing his efforts smashed to bits.

I like the fact that it was hard to break, though! Made the guy look like a bit of an idiot.

Last edited by Chris LeDrew on 9 Jun 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 10:25 am    

Good one Kyle