| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Williams Steel Guitars
Bill OConnor

Castle Rock, Washington, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 May 2009 10:50 pm    

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME COMMENTS ON THE GUITAR BY SOME FORUM PLAYERS THAT OWN ONE I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE IN MY AREA ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR BUYING ONE ? IF YOU DON`T WANT TO RESPOND ON THE FORUM PLEASE E-MAIL ME ocbill28@comcast.net thanks much
Larry Lorows

Zephyrhills,Florida, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 4:14 am    

I've had mine for about 5 years and would not hesitate in purchasing another.I've had a lot of steels over the years and this is as good as any of them.

I could sit here and tell you about the tone, how easy it is to play, how light the guitar is, but it's all been said before. They're as good as any on the market. Larry
Mack Quinney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 4:34 am    

I've had mine about two and half years. I play it every day. It stays in tune, the action is easy, and it doesn't break strings (600 series). Not to mention that it's a well crafted and beautiful instrument. You won't go wrong with a Williams!

I had a Pro-I ShoBud prior to the Willy. There is no comparison in the mechanics, the Willy is so much smoother to play. Tone is in your ear, so who is to say, but I think the tone is great.

Mack

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 4:35 am    

If you get RFDTV. watch Midwest Country. Joe Savage plays one.. My S10 Williams keyless is great.
Les Green

Jefferson City, MO, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 4:48 am    

I have been wondering about the same thing. Has anyone tried the crossover model? Great looking guitars!
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 6:30 am    

I think b0b plays a crossover. Bill is a true craftsman, and his guitars are first rate.
Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 6:42 am    

I have a fairly recent Williams single ten, wide body with curly maple, lacquer finish cabinet, the Franklin pedal and five knees. It is an excellent guitar, very well made. It plays nicely and sounds good. Call Bill Rudolph and talk with him... He is an excellent craftsman and will discuss your needs with you.
Larry J.
Steve Alcott

New York, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 6:59 am    

I had one. I WILL have another.
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 7:20 am    

I had the first production D-10 crossover model. I sold it and bought the first production D-12 crossover. It works well and fits me like a glove. Sounds great, too.

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 10:53 am     Don't be Silly, get a Willy.

I've had mine about two and half years. I play it every day. It stays in tune, the action is easy, and it doesn't break strings (600 series). Not to mention that it's a well crafted and beautiful instrument. You won't go wrong with a Williams!

Hey Mack Q, I agree with your above statement, I have my Williams 600 Series for almost 2 years and have never broken a string...The Williams are great Steels. I also like the way the string attaches to the finger,,no pins to break and so easy to change a string..which I rarely do. Don't take my word for it, give them all a ride and you decide.
Scott Howard

Georgetown, TN, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 1:23 pm    

I bought the 3rd 400x crossover new . Due to health and finacial reasons I ended up selling it. It was a great guitar and if I had the money to spare I would have already bought another one. You will not find a better person to deal with than Bill.

A Williams is the only new guitar I would even consider because I prefer keyless and need the pedals to be limited to about 5 due to hip movement problems and pain . That made the Crossover perfect for me. Now I use 2 older guitars , 1 for each tuning.
Bill OConnor

Post  Posted 24 May 2009 9:31 pm     Thanks To All

THANKS I HAVE THE ANSWERS I WANTED. THE FORUM IS A GREAT PLACE . THANKS TO BOB FOR THE JOB HE DOES WITH IT.
Barry Hyman

upstate New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2009 5:27 pm     love my new Williams!

Just got a S-12 700 Series last week; it is beautiful and the tone is spectacular. All you have to do is look at it to know that the craftmanship is absolutely first-rate!
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Lee Gillespie

Cheyenne, Wy. USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 3:08 am     Williams Guitar

Hi Bill... Its been a long time. Glad to see you on SGF. Lee
Cliff Trent

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 9:39 am     williams

I just got a 600 series about a month ago, and I think it's super!!! Great tone and sustain and plays easy too. Quality built!!
Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 7:02 pm     Willy, amp and VP.

Hey Cliff T, I agree, with the Williams 600 series is all you need is a good amp and VP to make good music...best Steel I ever played.
Bill OConnor

Post  Posted 26 May 2009 7:26 pm     Williams Steel Guitars

THANKS NOTHING BUT GOOD ABOUT WILLIAMS STEELS . I MADE THE MOVE TODAY TALKED TO BILL WE HAVE A DEAL. I AM SOLD VERY GOOD RESPONSE FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS .THANKS GUYS