| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Line 6 ToneCore Rotary Speaker pedal - who's tried it?
John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2009 6:40 pm    

Has anyone been using this pedal? http://www.line6.com/tonecore/rotomachine.html

I am revamping a pedal board and want a good fast Leslie sound and also something that can stand in for a Phase 90 on a slower setting, and I'm trying to stick with something with a small footprint.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 1:54 am    

Yeah--I use one. I have used H&K Rotosphere, Pod 2 and Pod XT. The Tonecore is a compromise. The footprint thing is important and that's why I'm using it right now. The effect is strong and you can't adjust intensity. It completely processes your signal to the point that you can't hear any characteristics of the original instrument. There are no subtleties. But it does have appealing qualities including the parameters that you can adjust---you can set both the high & low speeds, you can choose how quickly it ramps up & down and you can select among three different rotation speaker models. Unlike the PodXT with which you can get some really good high fidelity sounds, I think of the sound from this as lo-fi----more grungy and compressed. No bell-like tones.
All this being said, it is on my pedalboard.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 4:10 am    

Here's my review of the beast for steel guitar"

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Roto/Roto.html

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 7:38 am    

Perhaps I should have said: this is for my 6-string lead guitar pedal board.
Mark Butcher

Scotland
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 11:11 am    

I didn't keep mine long. Their Tremelo pedal is great and I like the build quality but the Rotary just sounded too processed to me.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 7:16 pm    

I'm using a Boss RT20 for my Leslie Effect, and I've been told by some keyboard players that it sounds just like a Hammond B-3. I really like the sound I get from it. It is totally adjustable in speeds....rise time and distortion. It also has 4 different Leslie Cabinets. Less than 300.00, too.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Scott Appleton

Ashland, Oregon
Post  Posted 26 May 2009 7:20 pm     roto

RT20 yea yea yea .. Love it but leave the distorion off that part is not at all good for steel .. or for much els .. the rest is great ..