| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  perplexing problem here
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 5:28 pm    

On my fessy SD10 3x5 when tuning my 6th G# with my peterson strobe o flip, I notice that if i hit my E lever the 6th string goes sharp. Makes my guitar go out of tune when i use b pedal and e lever or what ever i do using the e lever. Any Ideas anyone.
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife
Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 5:37 pm     knee leaver

Check under Side See If Something Is Binding Some where. SONNY.
Jason Williams

Seattle, Washington
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 7:33 pm     fessy

Look at the changer fingers or in the back where the nylon tuners are. Sometimes on my Fessy, the top level changers get caught up on the bottom level ones. I just take the tip of a small screwdriver and GINGERLY pry them off each other.
richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 9:17 pm    

That's called 'cabinet raise'.

The tension on the instrument is lessened (by lowering the E strings), so the other strings all raise in pitch slightly.
This is usually most noticeable on a plain sixth string, using a wound sixth will make the problem disappear
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 9:51 am    

I'll check the fingers, I have tried a wound 6th previosly and had trouble with the string returning properly when i released the B pedal. Wasn't sucessful adjusting the return spring so I went to a plain 20 gauge and cured that problem. That was some time ago before I noticed my current problem. Might have to go back to a wound and try again. gonna go check it and get back to the forum. thanks for the responses. Roy
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 10:23 am    

I think Richard nailed it. Checked again and found that 3, 5,6,7,9,10 raise when I lower e's.
Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 12:18 pm     fesseden

Jason I Had The Same Thing With A New Fesseden I Had. SONNY.
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 1:54 pm    

The one that drives me nuts is the flattened 6th string when the A pedal is engaged. Annoying!!

The only guitar I've owned with little or no cabinet drop is my Sho~Bud Professional. Like a rock.