| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RE:Steel Guitarists of Yahoo Group
Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2004 1:40 pm    

Now supporting 288 members,most of which are steelers.Sure would like to cross the 300 mark. Thanks to new members who have recently joined. I dont email members to death so you have to check in often to see changes in photos and or files. Not a whole lot of space there but it has been active for a few years. Here's hoping more jobs happen for our steelers. Keep Pickin' guys and gals. Bill Nauman, Las Vegas Nevada http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bill_nauman/
Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2004 5:52 pm    

Well I must have said something good here, membership is now 293. We just might make 300 yet! Thanks guys!
Bill in Vegas
Steve Hitsman

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2004 7:25 am    

Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2004 2:35 pm    

298 ..come on guys..just two more.
I uploaded 7 files of my old Fender Steel recently recorded.Look in the file section once you have signed in. I wonder if hydrolics will ever be used in the building of steels..or electric solinoids?
Bill in Vegas
Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2004 5:20 pm    

Bill,I worked with a guy in Des Moines around 1966 named Norvell Uhlrich who made a pulling apparatus using electro magnets or solenoids or both or something and he played it 6 nights per week at Hap's Corral.I seem to recall that Gibson was maybe looking at it but nothing ever materialized. Regards,Fred
Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2004 5:34 pm    

Who knows what the future holds in mechanics of steel. I have pictures of an acoustic steel also..or check out the monster steel on my front page on yahoo group. http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bill_nauman/
I think i would be embarrased to sit behind it ..unless i had a Clingon suit and makeup. Bill in Vegas
Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2004 10:18 am    

Yeeehaaa we made it 301.Not too bad for 4 years. Now if we can just get that chat room buzzing. Yahoo Chat does work. Also contact me anytime im on line on Yahoo Messenger.Steel is the keyword to get me to respond. My Yahoo ID is: bill_nauman
Ok..Let's Pick Bill in Vegas

Ps: going to see Merle Haggard at the Texas Station here this coming Sat Night One show at 7Pm He's at Buck Owens Crystal Palace tonight and tomorrow night with a Bonnie Owens,Buck and Merle reunion,that would be quite a show.
Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2004 2:16 pm    

Well we are crusing over 300 members now-304 to be exact. Merle Haggard has sold out Buck's Crystal Palace in Bakersfield on a Tue and Wed night.Buck should be happy or jeaous. Anyway thanks so much guys for the new members. Now lets see if i can keep them.
Wife cant get off Sat night to see Merle but maybe i can go in her place. He's at the Texas Station, unfortunately Redd Volkaert isnt pickin with him anymore im told. I have been working feverishly on my old Fender,adding knee levers and trying to correct an old problem. The lowering system is failing. I will prevail! Anyway thanks again for your co-operation. Bob I guess you can close this thread. Keep Pickin'
Bill In Vegas