| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Saluda Jam
Charles Walker

Chester, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2004 4:41 pm    

First I want to thank my brother Ray Walker for giving me a weekend that I'll never forget I Love you Bro. Buddy Walker you put on a great show and my thank's to you for all your effort. I met and talked to so many of you great folk's. Jerry Dodd, Randy Beaver,You guy's are not only great player's but great people. My special thank's goes out to John Hughey for letting me live out a dream and not only being a great steel guitar player but a super gentlemen along with his lovely wife jean. I have made a new friend and can't wait to see him again. This was the by far the best jam I have ever been to and look forward to coming back again. To all of you that I met and talked too thank's for being so kind and letting a new potential steel player talk to the best. My brother has his work cut out for him to try to teach such a old dog a new trick' but if anybody can do it he is the one Thank's again for a great weekend
Don Lail

RUTHERFORDTON, NC., USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2004 9:53 pm    

Charles,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Ray. You did a great job with that Conway song. I could listen to a bunch of that.

As I said before, If you can play those same fills on steel guitar that you were whistling outside you'll be a great player!

See ya' next time,

Don
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2004 4:04 am    

Thanks Charlie for the kind words but I must insist that you get my friend Jerry's name right ....ah that would be Tommy .

Charlie has decided that he wants to play steel even though he now must start after getting as old as dirt.....but. When we got back in yesterday...the steel we ordered for him was here waiting so we set her up and it played out very nicely. Since he and I have played music our entire lives....and he's pretty smart...I think he will do just fine. Be on the lookout for him at the upcoming jams. When he plays something good please stop by and tell me what a good job I did for him. When he messes up please remind him that he should listen more carefully to my instructions .

Hey folks...ain't life wonderful????

Ray Walker
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2004 5:12 am    

Boy have you got that one figgered out Ray.

Good Meeting the both of you.

One thing I can't understand, Heres Ole Charlie, Ugly and as old as dirt and he brings his beautiful Young Daughter to help him sing.
Why did he do that?

Didn't he realize that nobody would be watching him?

I really understand, I have a beautiful 19 year old daughter and I catch the same stuff too.

I sent him something by email last night and I'll bet he is still up listening to it, probably didn't get any sleep last night and kept everybody up bragging about it.

He has every right to, He did a great Job.
John