| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NC: Country Tonight Music Show, Selma-steel every night!
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2009 5:12 pm    

I run "Country Tonight Music Show" at the Ice House Theatre in Selma, NC. We are a little over a year old. My main rule for new (and old bands)is that if you don't have a steel player, no need to apply. Being a steel player (perhaps impersonator?), I am really impressed that our audience have become real "steel" fans. So, if you are in the area, remember "Country Tonight Music Show" - Selma, NC - no show without a steel player!! www.countrytonightmusicshow.com. Some of the regular steelers are Clyde Mattocks, Bryant Aycock, Billy Knowles, Johnny Barham, plus me; plus Joe Turner and Allyn Love have graced our stage! Trying to work out a date with Joe Wright soon! Stop by and see the show, and make sure you ask for me!
Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2009 9:43 pm    

The steel guitar community has no better friend than
Bowie Martin. In his one short year at the Ice House, he has made it the collection point for the best traditional country music in eastern North Carolina (and beyond, I suspect.)

Not to let any cats out of the bag, but the best is yet to come!

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2009 4:45 am     Clyde Mattocks...

And I might add that the steel guitar community is well reprssented by Clyde Mattocks - super picker, absolute professional, great person, and I might add "funny as hell." Thanks for you comments Clyde!
If you have not heard his band "Without Further Ado", you are in for a treat!
Donnie Pierce

Windsor, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2009 7:34 pm     Web link don't work

Bowie Martin,
Could not get your link to work to your web site, would like to read more about it. Have not been, but sounds like a nice place to visit. If you get the site up, drop me a PM, Thanks...Donnie
Black Box,Wet Reverb
Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 5:32 am     Ice House

Bowie is really running a country music show. It is a great place to play and visit. I went to see Bowie and his band last night and they did a great job with the music and the 2 girl singers are really entertaining as well as good singers. And Bowie played some great steet guitar on his Blue Emmons Legrande.
Billy
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 6:26 am     Country Tonight Music Show, The Ice House, Selma, NC

Thanks Billy! We look forward to having your group "Veronia Whaley and the Alibi band" back in May!
Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 7:47 am    

Donnie, regarding the link not working, I have had the same problem sometimes when posting a link in this forum. Sometimes, I'll post the same link again and it will work. Just type in
www.countrytonightmusicshow.com in the address bar.
Hope we'll see you there sometime.

Windsor, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 12:48 pm     web link

Clyde, Thanks for the info.about the link.you are right, it works when i type it in. Hope I can make it sometime to see the show, it is about a 2 hour drive up. Looks like a nice place. Thanks again
Black Box,Wet Reverb
Bryant Aycock

Pikeville, North Carolina
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2009 1:27 pm     me too!

Hey Guys,
I'll join here with both praise and thanks. Our show has been with Bowie since the start. We are a traditional country band and don't have many outlets to play our music. Bowie and his staff have done a great job in Selma. There's always good wholesome entertainment with lots of steel guitar, good vocals and lots of fun. We are proud to be on the list of bands. I hope Bowie has set a standard for other shows to begin. Maybe things will turn back in our direction
Bowie, thanks again.
Bryant
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2009 5:37 pm     Sam White

Hey Bowie and Clyde guess who is moving back down to North Carolins and the Smithfeild Area. Thats right Sam & Anna white. Hope to see you guys in the next two to three months.We will be comming to the Ice House a lot. We have to go and See ray walker Playing at Robert McGee's.
Sam White
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 4:51 am     Welcome back SAM!

It will be good to have you back, both as a great supporter of country music and as a fellow steel player. Let me know as soon as you have a address I can add to our mailing list. Also, e-mail me at bmartin5@nc.rr.com so I can add you to the show e-mail list.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 4:54 pm     Sam White NESGA

Hi Bowie thank you for the reply and as soon as we get a address and so on I will e-mail you. Thanks for the comments.I think I'm getting to be a Steel player now after this past week end I played with the band and I have it together now.
Sam White
Pres.NESGA