| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  '' Gospel Steel Guitar Show ''
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2003 5:10 pm    

Please close this thread . Thanks . Gary .

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 26 January 2004 at 06:20 PM.]

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2003 5:53 pm    

Closed .

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 26 January 2004 at 06:21 PM.]

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2003 5:58 pm    

Also J.W.Alexander is going to be with us,he works at Langs Music . Eddie dixon is going to play guitar . He plays a nice ''tele'' and he is hot . Plan to be here . January will be here before you know it . Regards ,,, Gary.

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 21 December 2003 at 12:39 PM.]

KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2003 9:19 pm    

Lookin' forward to the show. Also anxious to see Bobbe Seymour again. We could say he is the Chet Atkins of steel guitar. Love em' Cobra Coil strings.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2003 8:17 am    

Dear Gary,

I just wanted to mention that I might be able to make your show as I don't have anything booked yet for that weekend. Please give me a call when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Herby Wallace
865/453-7476 or
email HWallac480@aol.com.

------------------
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2003 5:29 pm    

Hi,Herbie . It would be great if you could make my show . I think that it will be a good one . We have never had a gospel steel guitar show in Columbus Ohio i do'nt think .
There's going to be some good players here . And also some good food and if you are like me i like to eat . So if you can make it there will be a spot for you . Regards,,Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2003 12:17 am    

Man, that would be great!!! Having Bobbe,and Herby both.:cool
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2003 12:21 am    

Herby, do you remember doing a session with Ray Branham and his family,probably 23 years ago I guess? You did a awesome break in the song they recorded "Goin' Back With Him". Sounded like you were playing it on C6th,and a MSA steel.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2003 4:13 pm    

Hi, Kenny . I just talked to Herbie this evening and he is going to do his best to come . We talked about him and bro. Branham
he knows him well . Thanks . Gary.
Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2003 4:52 am    

Gary
You know everything has small beginnings.
This could grow to a major event by next
year.

------------------
Rick Johnson
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2003 8:34 am    

Hi Rick . You know i did'nt think that it would take off like it did but i'm glad that it did . Maybe if we live and hav'nt gone home we can do this again next year but maybe on a bigger scale . Boy would'nt it be great if Lloyd and John and some of the other greats could be here with us ?? I know it's wake up time ! But i can dream i guess . Ok have a safe and happy holiday season . Regards,,,Gary.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2003 12:29 pm    

Dear Kenny,

Yes, concerning Ray Branham. I have been buddies with Ray since I was in High School. Ray and I would jam together at a little music store in Cleveland, TN. I did record 2 albums with Ray in Cleveland at the Church Of God Studio probably in the seventies I imagine. I was telling Gary that if I ever had the chance I would love to play with Ray and his group. Speaking of C6th, I did play C6th on quite a few of Ray's recordings. Gary and I are hoping that maybe Ray will come to the steel guitar show too. I'm looking forward to being there.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2003 6:59 am    

Herby
Do ya think there will be a walfle house around?
I think is my turn to sit next to a celeb.
Are ya brining ben with ya?
mike
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2003 7:23 am    

Hi Mike . I hope that ''Santa'' was good to you this year . I know that you have been a good boy ! January is just around the corner and it looks real good .I think that we will have a great time . I hope that the ''seminar'' guys have gotten in touch with you . It will be a great seminar . Have a safe and happy holiday season . God bless you and yours . Regards,,,Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2003 9:16 pm    

Hi Herby, You've known Ray Branham for along time. Him and his group was at church,about 5 weekends ago. His sister,and brother both attend church were we go there too.I always enjoy their music when they come up. I hope you come up to the show too. I did get your Christmas flyer in the mail. I would like to get both of those C6th courses you have on there. If you come up, I'll wait and get those off of you when you come to the show. Like Rick said, this may grow into something bigger,and I hope it does.It would been nice to do a steel show like this several years ago starting.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2003 1:40 pm    

Hi, Everyone just a notice to all . I have a new schedule for the show and it is close to concrete . Mike Siglers ''Seminar'' will start at 1:00 pm instead of 4:30 . The reason for this is because we have so many players that we will need to start at an earlier time . Then the music will start at 2:30 until 4:30 and then we will have a break until 6:00 pm. This will give all a chance to get some food in the fellowship hall and look at the ''cd's'' and other things that you may need . Then we will have Bobbe Seymour ,Herbie Wallace ,Mike
Lashaway , Mike sigler do their part of the show . And then if we have time we will have a ''Big Jam '' at the end with the last four players . ''Wow'' i hope the roof can handle it !! Please i hope that no one is offended at the time change . It is a must to get it all in . Yours in Christ . Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2003 11:34 pm    

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2003 1:39 pm    

Hi Kenny . Yes i think that we are going to have a great show . Who knows if it goes over real good maybe we can do it on a bigger scale next year . We will just have to wait and see . Regards ,,,Gary.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 9:28 am    

Gary, as I told you on the phone/e-mail, the reason I want to do your great show is to see all the great friends and customers I have in your area. I feel this part of the U.S. is very rich in great players.

I feel it is an honor to be asked do this show. However, I feel I should warn you that with the bunch of crazy guys you have booked that there will be an awful lot of laughing going on. Kinda' reminds me of the old addage, "More fun than a barrel full of monkeys". I think the "monkeys" will be using us people for an addage before the show is over. I can hear it now, one monkey says to the other, "More fun than a gospel steel show full of people"!

I know everyone will enjoy it Gary,
I wish you and Patty the best, and a happy new year to all, see you all soon.
BobbeSeymour
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 2:58 pm    

Hi, Bobbe . I could'nt have said it better !
This is going to be a great time of fellowship and just having a fun time with each other . That is what it should be about . Lets just all keep that in mind . Some time we get to wrapped up in things that dont really matter . I want everyone to enjoy the day .I cant wait to see you and hear some of those great licks that you play . God bless you all . Regards ,,,Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 2:30 pm    

Bobbe, you know what the bible says in Proverbs about laughter being good medicene? We'll have a lot of good medicene.
Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 4:33 pm    

Gary
Having great players show up at your
church without any strings attached
is amazing. This says a lot about
where there hearts are.
I hope they sell all there merchandise.
They deserve it.

------------------
Rick Johnson
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 6:11 pm    

Rick . I am anxious for that day in January . So many great players and they seem so nice . And yes i hope that they sell every item that they bring with them and then some . It will be here before we know it . Maybe you could call Lloyd and John and see if they will come . Or do you have their number ? Gotta go . Regards,,,Gary .
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2004 7:01 am    

It will sure be nice to hear Bobbe Seymour and Herbie Wallace perform together, that will be a treat can I bring my tape recorder?
steveb carter D10 8+5.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2004 11:32 am    

I can't work with Herbie, he's too fast! I have to wear track shoes just to listen to him!
I asked him one day after a show, "Herbie, did you think you were getting paid by the note?" He laughed and said, no, but if I ever do, I'll be a millionair!! I agreed, what a guy!
See you all there.