| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beautiful '58 reissue gibson custom shop Les Paul $2350
Jordan Shapiro

Echo Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2009 9:28 pm    

I have a great looking tobacco burst R8 VOS (gibson custom shops' designation for the 1958 Vintage Original Specs).

If you know anything about the Gibson custom shop, you know the woods and and all the parts used to put these together are of the highest quality.
This is what they call a lightweight Les Paul, weighing in at approx. 8.6lbs (this is a solid guitar, not chambered!) Easier on the shoulder than 9 out of 10 les pauls, that's for sure.

This is, by far, the highest quality guitar i own (other than my 70's lacquer push pull).
It has a few birdseyes on the top bout, and subtle flaming from the center seam down. you can see it a bit in the pix.

I have my eye on a 1956 00-18 martin that will be of far more use to me than the les paul. The Les Paul will take a decent sized chunk out of the bill for the martin!
Any decent offer will be accepted. i'm in the middle of a recording project, and i'm sick of borrowing martins from everyone to do acoustic tracks! I'm sure my friends are getting sick of it too! Ha

The guitar has been played. I took it on the road once, and have done a few one-offs and a bunch of local shows with it. it has a few dings, no major blemishes though. I'm posting pix.
if you are interested in the guitar, i will figure out how to get the camera to focus close up if you'd like to see the dings. I tried to get some close ups of the dings, and they were blurry)

It has the round, fat profile neck, which makes it an amazing sounding machine! i use it primarily for studio work. this guitar through my 67 princeton is unbeatable!

The case is the original hardshell case the guitar came in, and i have the "case candy" that came with the guitar.

I am the first and only owner of the guitar.

Thanks for looking,

Jordan Shapiro

Here's some pix(the last one is my favorite!!):

Tom Quinn

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 3:04 pm    

The cat! How much for the cat!! (think Blues brothers' scene in the restaurant...)

I had a '58 like yours and it was a great guitar.

Tq