| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SWSGA Highlights
Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 7:57 am    

Thanks to the SWSGA for inviting me to perform on this year's show. I was amazed that the first show went so well, a tribute to Fred, Billy, and Troy's work and efforts. My guitarist friend, Jim Stahlhut and I loved working with the backup band: Roy, Paul and Ben. They really nailed the grooves on all of my tunes, and it was so easy for me to concentrate on the music. The "stage hands" also made life very easy. I enjoyed hanging out with the many musicians and steel guitar enthusiasts, plus being in sunny Mesa beats snowy Denver anytime. Little Ricky and I had a great weekend!
Chuck
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 8:49 am    

You are more than welcome. After looking bach at the weekend - "Little Rick" was the lightest there. Sorry we did not get to talk more but will next time.

I have told several the best part of helping out was to meet everyone and see all those smiles.

A stage hand - Joe Naylor

------------------
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 1:11 pm    

Joe,thank you so much for your dedication,I heard so many positive comments about how fast you guys were beteween sets.Sorry I couldn't spend more time there and personally tell you how much all of you were appreciated.Sorry I got in your way acouple of times,but man you guys moved fast.
Again a BIG THANK YOU.
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 20 January 2004 at 01:12 PM.]

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2004 9:34 pm    

Chuck,
I meant to mention your set in another posting. My wife and I thought you wer great, the tone of that Ricky was unbeleivable, unique ,clear as a bell and your talent is unquestionable. I also thought your pardner Jim Stahlhut is a wizard on guitar. What a treat. Stay happy.
Bill Bailey

------------------