| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Frank Caruso's Sunday Country Jamboree
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2009 5:03 pm    

We had a great time today at Frank's bi-weekly Country Jamboree. It was like a mini steel show. We had Frank play first. Then we had the pleasure of Tommy Cass play a set. It's always a pleasure to pick with Tommy. We had Bob Metzger on lead guitar, home on a break from his road gig with Leonard Cohen. Then we had Jim Rice from the RISGA, Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association. Jim, that GFI sounded very nice! We had a few other RISGA members in the audience. Hopefully we'll have a few more play next time!Jim Mudge came down from Nashua, NH. We also had many guest vocalists come in today including one of my favorites, my wife Jessie!! We'll
be doing it all over again on Sunday April 26th. There are alot of other things going on around here on the next few sundays we'll be back on the 26th.
Thanks to all that came and had fun today!!
Chris

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2009 5:27 am    

Hi Chris, It`s good to hear that steel guitar is alive and well up in the Caruso neck of the woods. How was your first trip to Dallas? Saturday, March 21, RISGA and NESGA pickers,(with Elaine Ellis on bass and drum machine, and Ron Cote on guitar), played OUTDOORS for a "Veterans Helping Veterans" benefit. I was so cold I wore a tee shirt,long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, heavy long winter coat, and a winter hat with long side ear protectors. Despite the cold, we had fun.
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2009 6:10 am    

Dog gone it Chris wish I knew I'm up here until the 28th..Sounds like you guys had a Time...I'm always a day late and a dollar short it seems... Laughing
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2009 8:46 am     FRANKIE'S BACK !! Was a Great time Sunday !!

It was really great hearing Frankie , Tommy and Jim on the pedal steels and all the guest singers , guitar pickers and fiddlers !! Was a great show and a great day !! Maybe I'll bring in my non-pedal Rick. on Sunday , April 26th if those young kids will let an old geezer play with them !! See you all there !! Eddie "C" ( the old non-pedal , no reverb , dead strings , out of work old geezer )
Daniel Eaton

Weare , NH , USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2009 4:10 pm    

Dag-Nab it Chris,I've been so busy not payin attn: that I missed your post. Just in case I miss the next time just reach out and slap me.I've been watching you RISGA site and thought you'd closed it down. So for further reference ,where do you play on the 26th.? Party on
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2009 2:16 pm    

I guess I should post on here more often. We would have more people in the crowd!!