| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Whats up in Austin/ Dallas 1/22-1/25
memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2004 11:23 am    

Heading down there and want to know what I should check out and avoid. Already on for Dale Watson in Austin and Morrell in Dallas but need more good bands to see, food to eat etc..
sonbone

Waxahachie, TX
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2004 1:51 pm    

I'm playing in Fort Worth the 22nd-24th at Rodeo Exchange. Corner of Houston and Exchange streets, opposite corner of Pearl's Dance Hall (302 West Exchange). I believe Jake Hooker is playing Jan 24th at Pearl's, don't know who is there on the 23rd. If you stop into Pearl's, walk across the street and give me a shout. My band (Kirk Dillen) plays contemporary and traditional country. At Rodeo Exchange it will be quite a bit of top 40 stuff for us, but we sneak in a few traditional and swing tunes.

Sonny

------------------
http://geocities.com/sonbone1
sonbone@geocities.com

memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 7:09 am    

Thanks Sonny, I'll try and stop in. Anyone else got some advice?
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 10:41 am    

I'll be at pearl's on Thur 1/22 for the Slack Party 4p - 8p. Hey Sonny, you'll need to stop by since you'll be across the street....It's with Basden, Stovall and others.

memphislim, the band is made up of a couple of us from Johnny Lee's band and a couple from Janie Fricke's band. Jim Stovall fronts it, and it's all TX Shuffles, swing, etc.

You're hitting town at the right time as the Stock Show starts this weekend. Matter of fact, we'll also be at Pearl's this Sat.

I should also mention that Reece plays the Johnny High Show every Fri/Sat. in Arlington (Midway between FTW and Dallas). You can catch his show and be out in plenty of time to hit the clubs....

[This message was edited by Danny Naccarato on 16 January 2004 at 10:48 AM.]

memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 10:56 am    

I'll be in Austin watching Dale at Ginnys on Thursday but the Reece show I might be able to make. What kind of show is it and where in Arlington is it? Depending on the time of Reece's show I may be able to catch him either before or after the Morrell show at UTD on Friday. After the UTD gig I'll be in the Stockyards area looking for some good two-steppin/ swing stuff.
sonbone

Waxahachie, TX
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 1:06 pm    

Hey Danny, if you boys can get Basden up early enough to make a 4pm show...then I'll have to be there to see it. LOL

Sonny
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 2:27 pm    

Good one Son.....Too funny.

Memph, you can email him at reece@msapedalsteels.com . The show is an Opry type show. Great talent. LeAnn Rimes got her start there. Lot's of other artists have come out of there. I believe the show is from 8p - 10p, but Reece can confirm that fer ya. Great thing about it, it puts you about 15-20 min from the Stockyards, which are blowin until 2a.....

Danny
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 2:29 pm    

Memph, on Thursday I'll be at the Saxon Pub from 5-7pm with James Hand, Pete Mitchell, and BB Morse. No cover, good crowd, and plenty of time to have dinner afterwards then go uptown to see Dale and them.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

[This message was edited by Herb Steiner on 16 January 2004 at 02:30 PM.]

memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 9:27 am    

Thanks for the info guys. Hey Herb, what kind of material you guys doin' at the Saxon Pub? Is that downtown or what?